• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Russia - last game before the QFs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

François

Cooper and Barnes reunited... it was a long time coming. I don't know about McCabe's status but I doubt he will get his spot back. He was alright but he is no match to Barnes... If you want somebody outside Cooper with good leg drive in traffic, who can gain the hard meters, well, you send the ball to a forward. After 1 or 2 phases they are right there in the middle.

Impressive also to see how the momentum shifted once Pocock left the pitch. He is a freaking super star. I cannot express what I think of him as a player with mere words, he is definitely out of this world, and will captain the wallabies to a world cup win in his career. Has to.

O'Connor kicked well, he seems to have changed his technique a little bit over the last few weeks. Probably needed time to adjust. He had a lot of peps in attack in spite of a few handling errors, and I thought he played very well as a third playmaker.

All in all, a good prep for the SA game, but they will need to turn it up big time. I'm still confident though !

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Ps was at the game, they ran out of beer with 30 minutes to go! Good atmosphere around the town though, and love the Nelson area in general.

This is the ultimate insult from the kiwis. Forget the vilification of Quade, black 7, bryce lawrence.....

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
This is the ultimate insult from the kiwis. Forget the vilification of Quade, black 7, bryce lawrence.....

Ran out of beer in that shite weather in 2nd half? Probably the Russkies supporters delighting in that relatively balmy weather compared to that in their homeland...can't imagine us Aussies drinking the place dry unless the temps reaches 30 deg...

D

Dreaming

I'm not sure who put JOC (James O'Connor) on a pedestal. But I think it w said best by Campo a couple ofweeks ago when he said as a winger he was on the end of moves and could get away with trying things more often, but Quade is at the beginning and if something isn't on he should be ensureing recycled possession and waiting for the moment to come rather than trying to create it out of nothing.

Quade is a fantastic player but he is slightly out of form. Three games to come good!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ps was at the game, they ran out of beer with 30 minutes to go! Good atmosphere around the town though, and love the Nelson area in general.

Lots of our wine comes from close to Nelson. Can't be too bad a place.

Running out of beer at the venue is not such a bad thing as you will have plenty of drinking tokens left in your wallet for after match activities.

Beer prices in stadiums are outrageous over here. No reason to believe that it would be different in the Land Of The Darkness.

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Ran out of beer in that shite weather in 2nd half? Probably the Russkies supporters delighting in that relatively balmy weather compared to that in their homeland...can't imagine us Aussies drinking the place dry unless the temps reaches 30 deg...

When I think of the glorious weather we had in France in 07 im sort of glad Im not there in my wet weather gear, that said its England next.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think I heard the one of the fox crew say during the game that Braam van Straaten was now with Wallabies and could be the reason JOC (James O'Connor) kicked so well yesterday.

They also said he had been there since Wednesday this week. If true, WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?! Why on earth would it have been left this late to come over and work with the bloody team???

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
BvS has been working on and off with Beiber Boy and other Men In Gold kickers for a while. He has not been full time, or residential, kicking coach.

he has made a difference to Bieber's kicking this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.