• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Russia - last game before the QFs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
I am so over the bagging of Cooper. He showed/did some brilliant things in the first half - when we were going forward. Second half was crap by the wallabies, but no leadership out there and Burgess again a bit slow.
BUT what about the lost balls by JOC (James O'Connor). He alone made nearly half of the turnovers.
Welcome back BB.
Saia and his defense saved our butt a couple of times.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
I might of been a bit hasty suggesting Cooper needs to warm the pine but they need to seriously consider putting someone else at fullback in defense. Why not have JOC (James O'Connor) defending at fullback and Cooper on the wing for the first phase defense from the set piece?

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I font know about that...

Had been playing LH and wasn't going to take KEpu's spot...

He (Slipper) was pretty useful around the park today. Kepu hasn't been able to involve himself the same way, which is weird - at his best, Kepu is a damaging runner and an potent tackler. I was looking forward to having Slipper as a sub who did a lot of the grunt work around the ruck.

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Wallaby supporters. We are bit like Russian peasants under communist rule, we keep getting and taking it, we just dont have a choice other than join those capitalst pigs at mungo

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I might of been a bit hasty suggesting Cooper needs to warm the pine but they need to seriously consider putting someone else at fullback in defense. Why not have JOC (James O'Connor) defending at fullback and Cooper on the wing for the first phase defense from the set piece?

Cooper at least got his hands on the ball when taking the high kick.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Oh and as to defense - after JOC (James O'Connor) missing three one on one staright up tackles, gibve me QC (Quade Cooper) anytime.
Seriuosly should never have put SUPER + STAR in front of rugby, in front of his name, when he still has a fair way to go.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I am so over the bagging of Cooper. He showed/did some brilliant things in the first half - when we were going forward. Second half was crap by the wallabies, but no leadership out there and Burgess again a bit slow.
BUT what about the lost balls by JOC (James O'Connor). He alone made nearly half of the turnovers.
Welcome back BB.
Saia and his defense saved our butt a couple of times.

its the second half of your statement thats the problem, we dont always go forward and moving into the knockout phase its only going to get tighter, Cooper at his best is brilliant and he does some wonderful things, the bagging of and i believe justified, is that he doesnt know when to tone it down, the inside flat balls and long wide balls are great when the opposition are on the back foot, but today against a minnow they were found out, against better sides if we dont get up in the forwards, he costs us points and ball.

he is a fantastic player and i want him out there and producing what he can, i just honestly dont mind if he goes to the wing and has a rest for 10 minutes while BB and the forwards grind out a portion of the game, it allows him to pick and choose his moments and not have to provide miricles when there not needed.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Cooper at least got his hands on the ball when taking the high kick.

Fair enough, but I expect a little bit more from whoever is going to be fielding those high balls. I just get the sense that he is not 100% committed when he attempting to catch the Gary Owens - kinda like his semi-committed defense at times. He is strong lad and can put a good hit on as we have seen him do it from time to time, but boy it would be nice if he just went low for changed instead of trying to strip the ball away every time.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
what was with the 'M' fingers from Drew Mitchell after his try - surely not M for Mitchell???

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
inside flat balls and long wide balls - I agree that he can make some silly decisions but he is not the only one that does, what I get tired of is the constant bagging then putting JOC (James O'Connor) on a damned pedestal which he hasn't earned. QC (Quade Cooper) did more good thn bad.

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Out of 10.
JOC (James O'Connor) - 7 - Handling was shiet but looked dangerous, good kicking.
Samo - 7.5 - Did what he needed to, out of position but still strong.
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) - 6.5 - Really unnoticeable in attack, good defence but seemed to go missing.
Barnes - 8 - Looks promising, surely our first choice 12.
Mitchell - 7 - Unlucky, was playing very well, set up a few tries.
Cooper - 7 - Above average but still made stupid decisions. Electric in the first half.
Burgess - 8 - Thought he was brilliant, was everywhere and made some good breaks through tired forwards.
McCalman - 4 - Didn't notice him once apart from the try.
Pocock - 9 - Best on ground by a mile.
Higgenbotham - 7.5 - Effective, strong performance. We look a stronger side with him at 6.
Sharpe - 7 - Played well and made good statement for starting XV.
Horwill - 7 - Replaced early, looked shit without him.
Kepu - 6.5 - Replaced early, came back on late but our scrum really wasn't where we need it to be.
Moore - 8 - Same as Pocock and Horwill, we looked shit without him.
Slipper - 6 - Good in defence but just needs more speed around the park.

TPN - Not used.
Ma'afu - 5 - Not bad, came close to scoring but doesn't look up to international level.
Fainga'a - 4 - Needs to learn how to throw straight
Simmons - 5 - Played decent but just wasn't where we need him, will be replaced by Vicks.
Elsom - 5 - Ineffective, may have lost his starting spot, didn't make any impact off bench.
Genia - Not used.
Phipps - Didn't watch him.
Very generous there Robbie

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
AC I think, apparently pretty bad. Even if he wasn't going to start, I would feel way better with him on the bench than Ma'afu

Oh shit..!!! Our front row stocks are looking very sketchy - how bout a hail Mary call to Fat Cat? Has he had his surgery yet? So we now have Palu, Mitchell, Slipper heading home presumably, so who is coming the other way? Robinson, Hodgson, Gits, Taps....a new front rower? Surely RD is not going to wait too long before getting some fit blokes over there?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Won't be long before we hear the "Bring Back Baxter" calls on these forums haha.

If Slipper goes home you'd think Daley, Cowan and Holmes are the front runners

S

saulih

Overheard at 74:52

Bryce Lawrence, "Simon? Nice Jump."

...after the Irish touch judge Simon McDowell is seen leaping and stumbling and about to face plant, while running up the field.

Attachments

• Simon - nice jump.jpg
    Simon - nice jump.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 242

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
inside flat balls and long wide balls - I agree that he can make some silly decisions but he is not the only one that does, what I get tired of is the constant bagging then putting JOC (James O'Connor) on a damned pedestal which he hasn't earned. QC (Quade Cooper) did more good thn bad.

I'm not sure who put JOC (James O'Connor) on a pedestal. But I think it w said best by Campo a couple ofweeks ago when he said as a winger he was on the end of moves and could get away with trying things more often, but Quade is at the beginning and if something isn't on he should be ensureing recycled possession and waiting for the moment to come rather than trying to create it out of nothing.

Kaz

Ted Fahey (11)
I am clinging to the memories of going to the SF in 2003.
Everyone had written Aus off.
Stirling scored an intercept try and we were all delirious with joy.

2011 - Clearly not an ideal campaign.
But let's not underestimate the ability of the Wallabies to put together 80 minutes when it matters.
The highs of being a Wallaby are made better because of the emotional lows.
WR (World Rugby)'re not fairweather supporters.
Stand up and be counted.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Won't be long before we hear the "Bring Back Baxter" calls on these forums haha.

If Slipper goes home you'd think Daley, Cowan and Holmes are the front runners

I've got absolutely not problem with Baxter coming in. He's certainly got enough experience to help get us through the finals as a loose head prop!

Holmes would be the only other person I'd consider coming in right now, Daley and Cowan are way too green and shocking horrible at scrummaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.