• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Russia - last game before the QFs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
The Bok scrum is probably watching this laughing.

To borrow a cricket term, we are flat-track bullies.

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Thank gawd thats over. Cant take much from that, kicking is better? ANOTHER major injury, how we need Pocock like a babe needs its mother.
Russia, great stuff, these guys could be really big with some more matches between WCs, what if they were tackling today??!!!!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I've liked O'Connors kicking - good for his confidence. Berrick has been very good. Pocock was excellent. Got to add some positives because they are there & need to put them out there along with the bad but far out we have issues in the wet, big issues. Too late now but I think Robbie would like to take them out to some seriously rain effected area in Australia to have them train in a down pour. For mine the rest of this RWC at training they need to cover the ball in lube & play with that.

D

dennyj

Personally, I think he'd be a better flyhalf for us than Quade going into the finals...

Bob Dwyer said it ages ago - if you want to watch champagne rugby pick QC (Quade Cooper) - but if you want to win the RWC pick BB. It was demonstrated (again) today......
Sadly, I think the Boks will control the game next week and just do enough to get thru.
cheers,
DJ in AUK

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What is Russian for Shute Shield?

Would love to see a couple of them plying their trade in Olde Sydney Towne?

Impressive performance by the Bears. They never gave up.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
simply terrible, no structure whatsoever after half time, and structure was all it would have taken to rack up 100. stupid balls, stupid options, stupid stepping, we have players stopping and jumping back and forth rather than gaining the extra five by just going forward and recycling, just stupid rugby, even more stupid than they played against Ireland, Russia deserved there trys, they earnt them and i applaud them for taking there opportunities, i remain unimpressed by the wallabies.

tough luck Drew, your a champ and a legend and i hope its not as bad as it looked, but your a credit to yourself and your country for the passion and determination you showed to get back in the Aus jersey, maybe some others can learn from you.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cooper is obviously a talented player, but there are just too many brain farts that directly lead to opposition points... And having to hide in defense is still an issue...

Barnes is a smarter player with less errors, can tackle, but also provides as good as passing and kicking game as Cooper...

I'd love to try a Genia/Barnes halves combo with some strong running centres...

But too late to try anything now...

Status
Not open for further replies.