• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Wales - Docklands Stadium June 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jiggles

He offers more in terms or work rate, and ball carrying than Kepu, but his THP play is a weaker. Either way the argument is redundant as Robbie will keep the same 22. Its not as simple as bringing Palmer onto the bench and dropping Alexander, as many are calling for.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
OK Groucho, do you think the Wallabies played well enough to beat New Zealand? Or, for that matter, whichever team you think are the best in international rugby?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Wait - I get it now. He must play better on foxtel than nine.. my mistake.

What do you want from a 34 year old lock? He is perfoming admirably.

Lineout general - check
Make meters every time he carries the ball up - check
Safe hands and quick recycle in contact - check
Regularly destroys opposition rolling mauls - check

The man is exactly what we need at this juncture with Horwill out and the young locks not ready to make the next step. We are lucky to still have him.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
What do you want from a 34 year old lock.

Lineout general - check
Make meters every time he carries the ball up - check
Safe hands and quick recycle in contact - check
Regularly destroys opposition rolling mauls - check

The man is exactly what we need at this juncture with Horwill out and the young locks not ready to make the next step. We are lucky to still have him.
i want a Brad Thorn...

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
OK Groucho, do you think the Wallabies played well enough to beat New Zealand? Or, for that matter, whichever team you think are the best in international rugby?

The answer to that is probably no. But to be honest at the moment with the Wallabies I don't expect or demand that every performance be #1 standard. I know other people do, but I don't think we are there yet. I will accept beating whoever is in front of us, which we did tonight.

That is the way I have come to view this Wallabies side. Relatively small target stuff, I know. But it is what it is.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)

Who cares?

We won a fine victory in the dying embers against a fine opposition, the stuff of legend. The negativity of Australian rugby fans drives me to despair. Why aren't you celebrating instead of moaning?

Frankly I hate this. I'm out of here. :(

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Why aren't you celebrating instead of moaning?

Who said I'm not? I didn't think it was as thrilling a match as some around here did but it had its exciting moments and a great finish, and I'm happy we won.

Look, the reason the All Blacks are number one is because they aim to be champions on and off the field 24/7. Every game, every day.

It's the same as everything in life. We shouldn't be saying "Ah well, it's only Wales", we should be saying "We won, that's great, but we should have played better".

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Death to games at Docklands. Shit venue, shit staff, shit atmosphere.

Should of played this fixture at AAMI Park.

Thank you Mike Harris, 1st win since 2009. 3 games in between.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Who cares?

We won a fine victory in the dying embers against a fine opposition, the stuff of legend. The negativity of Australian rugby fans drives me to despair. Why aren't you celebrating instead of moaning?

Frankly I hate this. I'm out of here. :(

Well said Groucho. It wasn't a vintage performance, but we got the chocolates in the end and that's more than the other blokes can say (with due credit to them of course). We can be a negative bunch at times (myself included).

What I liked:
- Berrick played out of his skin. His option taking was terrific, he took the line on constantly and passed well. Defence was very solid
- Scrum was very solid until the replacements.
- Bam and Higgers did really well at the breakdown, constantly putting pressure on the Welsh
- Our defence was generally very good. Wales didn't create a lot in general play
- Lineout was secure nearly all night (much better from TPN tonight)
- We got some good go forward around the fringes when nothing else was on
- The rolling maul at the end was gold. Aussie Gold
- Diggers running in broken play

What I didn't like:
- Fucking meerkatting from Sanchez again. Just get the bloody ball out!
- An inability to adjust to the Wales rush defence at times
- Scrum going to shit once Fat Cat went off
- AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) reminding me once again why I don't feel fullback is his natural spot. I really hope KB (Kurtley Beale) is fit for next week.
- Nothing created in the backs at all. The midfield was very static apart from that one break leading to Horne's try
- Vuna's performance. That was dumb footy and nearly cost us the game. KB (Kurtley Beale) in next week and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to the wing.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Still gutted and angry from a welsh point of view that we lost that game. We are we gonna learn to close a game out against the Southern hemisphere sides ? We did the same thing against you guys down here in I think 2008 in the 1st test- 17 points up and then leading going into the last minute but then blind panic sets in we fluff a clearance and Hollies scores in the corner in a 50 metre breakaway.
Today I never fully thought we'd win that going into the last minute and I don't think the players did either to be honest.
You guys just seem so much more composed under pressure.
Oh, well- heres hoping we can salvage some pride next week.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
The answer to that is probably no. But to be honest at the moment with the Wallabies I don't expect or demand that every performance be #1 standard. I know other people do, but I don't think we are there yet. I will accept beating whoever is in front of us, which we did tonight.

That is the way I have come to view this Wallabies side. Relatively small target stuff, I know. But it is what it is.

Well remember the Reds last year weren't thrashing teams. They were fighting hard for wins, but the important thing is that they did win those tight ones and were playing better rugby more than poor rugby.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Death to games at Docklands. Shit venue, shit staff, shit atmosphere.

Should of played this fixture at AAMI Park.

Thank you Mike Harris, 1st win since 2009. 3 games in between.
Gutted doesn't cover it. Said before game we were at risk from a ref who might be out to leave his mark. Thank You Mr Pollard. Turned a game which in the first half was great into a kickfest.

Oh and BTW the yellow card was unfair too

And my final gripe is that how come this was scheduled in a stadium where so few people want to watch internatonal rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.