• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Wales - Docklands Stadium June 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
3 straight wins against the Welsh by 1-12. No reason to think that outcome will change on the weekend.

The Welsh players can talk it up all they like but they know in their hearts, we've got them covered.

Go the Wallabies!
FIRE THE FARK UP.

D

daz

3 straight wins against the Welsh by 1-12. No reason to think that outcome will change on the weekend.

The Welsh players can talk it up all they like but they know in their hearts, we've got them covered.

Go the Wallabies!

That may be so, but we are still Scotland's bitches.

D

daz

He barely even touches the opposition when defending!

Well, that just goes to show how his development is progressing.

Last year he would never touch the opposition when defending!

Barely is a decent step up.

:D

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I'm sorting of guessing that Robbie's tactics are going to revolve around high tempo and moving the ball around to both sides of the ruck. He has picked a bench that supports a fast game, but won't be great at set piece (Hooper, Dennis, Alexander), while the starting pack is better at set piece and has more weight to it, but can't last out 60 minutes (TPN, Sharpe, Palu).

So we have an up tempo game plan. We have the half back to play that, with his ability to distribute the ball to multiple forward runners, and give long passes to the 10, but we don't have the 10 to be able to effectively utilise the space made available, nor to further move the ball around. I feel the game plan is going to be highly reliant on getting Cooper and Beale back into the fold. Then I think it could work very well - particularly in dry conditions.

The questions are:

1) Is there a plan b in the wet?
2) Is this plan likely to backfire vs NZ?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
1) Is there a plan b in the wet?
2) Is this plan likely to backfire vs NZ?

The challenge is that the ABs just do that game plan better and for longer 8 times out of 10 with the Wobs coming out looking like AB's lite.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Vuna has to prove his fitness, like Kepu according to Greg Clarke. Obviously due to the knee/hammy issue.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The challenge is that the ABs just do that game plan better and for longer 8 times out of 10 with the Wobs coming out looking like AB's lite.

Exactly. They will turn us over out wide and run in tries all over the place!

An in the wet the boks will turn the screws and come out on top.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Of course there is a plan b. there always is. And a plan c probably. But someone has to follow the plan.

Sent using Tapatalk on a very old phone

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Surprised it hasn't been posted...

Wales has made four changes to their starting team for the second Test against Australia as they seeks to level the three-match series in Melbourne on Saturday.

Ashley Beck will start in the centres with Scott Williams dropped to the bench, Matthew Rees replaces Ken Owens at hooker, Alun Wyn Jones relegates lock Luke Charteris to the bench and Ryan Jones takes over at No. 8 from the injured Toby Faletau.

Wales (for Melbourne v Wallabies):

1 Gethin Jenkins
2 Matthew Rees
3 Adam Jones
4 Bradley Davies
5 Alun Wyn Jones
6 Dan Lydiate
7 Sam Warburton (c)
8 Ryan Jones

9 Mike Phillips
10 Rhys Priestland
11 George North
12 Ashley Beck
13 Jonathan Davies
14 Alex Cuthbert
15 Leigh Halfpenny

16 Richard Hibbard
17 Paul James
18 Luke Charteris
19 Justin Tipuric
20 Rhys Webb
21 James Hook
22 Scott Williams

D

daz

I was hoping Gareth Delve was going to get a crack.

When Delve came on at the 30 minute mark against the Ponies, I got a tiny bit excited. To my mind, this was because the Welsh coaching staff wanted to have a good hard look at Delve and get him primed for a Test match.

It appears they were only using Delve to protect Jones.

A great pity; it sure would have added some spice for the Melbourne audience, that's for sure.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
What's the level of ticket sales like in MEL for this match, anyone know the current status?

I was disappointed that Suncorp was far from sold out for Wales 1. I think the number was less than last year's S15 SF there.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
What's the level of ticket sales like in MEL for this match, anyone know the current status?

I was disappointed that Suncorp was far from sold out for Wales 1. I think the number was less than last year's S15 SF there.
Hopefully 45,000k. It's the only footy code on, this Saturday.

Tiger

Alfred Walker (16)
Not sure what the prices are in Melbourne but it was going to cost me $150/seat for the Wales game at Suncorp to sit in my usual seats. A bit bloody expensive if you ask me.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah Tiger, friends commented to me on how expensive they felt Wallaby tickets were for Wales 1. Some went of course; some decided not to.

D

daz

Platinum tickets at Melbourne cost $99. I guess it is a lot for a 2 hour game, but it's once a year down here and it's the Wallabies.

I'll happily pay and enjoy, unless we lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.