• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Wales - Docklands Stadium June 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Thank god we didn't smack heads when jumping on the kicker after the victory like Scotland did.

All this manlove, straight from the Yanks and their Baseball and Gridiron group hugs.

What is wrong with a nice strong handshake, a smile and a "Well Done"?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I've got to say after the execution and intensity of the NZ V Ireland game that was a big step down. What is it with Oz sides and slow ball at the ruck. The ball is sitting there for half an hour with Genia waving his arms about to his team mates, nobody changes position and then it is a pass one off the ruck and same again.

The Welsh lineout in the first half (marginally improved in the second half) was woefull. For the second week running the accurate game that the Welsh allegedly played to win the 6N never materialised.

The Wallabies were lucky. This was a race to see which team could lose and the Welsh managed it with the final poorly executed kick of the evening.

One final point as has been made extensively on on the Scrum thread, FFS ban the hit. The scrums are a joke, as it stands, and I used to love the scrum.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Was screaming at our forwards for ambling to the lineout. It must have taken the slackers 45 seconds from penalty to lineout with just a minute left in the match. But I guess it was part of the plan, they were saving their strength for a manshaming maul we haven't seen in a decade. Glorious ! I love seeing a Northern Hemisphere team beaten with an English Martin Johnson-Jonny Wilkinson type play.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
No doubt about that kick as soon as he struck it. Well done to Aus for getting into position to win the game. Wales had a chance to close out the game and should have backed themselves to hold onto the ball and run the clock down.

Yes, well done Australia. A good maul to finish but to be quite frank, they didn't really show that much composure in the preceding 5 minutes. All those silly pop passes were unnecessary and Wales should never have kicked the ball back to them. But they took their chance I suppose and that's all that matters. Well done.

Just rewound. Did not look collpased. But it's always a lottery.

True, it's rugby, refs gotta ref. I have the old school Foxtel so don't have IQ (no rewind) :(

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Berrick MOTM. Did very well under the circumstances. Wallaby win, MOTM, & a baby. I don't think the first beer will touch the sides.

and LMAO at TPN, what a character! :D

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Was screaming at our forwards for ambling to the lineout. It must have taken the slackers 45 seconds from penalty to lineout with just a minute left in the match. But I guess it was part of the plan, they were saving their strength for a manshaming maul we haven't seen in a decade. Glorious ! I seeing a Northern Hemisphere team beaten with an English Martin Johnson-Jonny Wilkinson type play.
You've been missed, naza!! Gold!

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Welsh forums overflowing with hate on the ref, saying Vuna should have been red carded and generally all hometown-reffing. I thought he got most decisions spot-on and was good. What do you guys think?

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Wales definitely should have hung onto the ball at the end. Kicking it away is just inviting the opposition to come back and snatch it and invariable they do just that.

3 whole hours until my next fix of test rugby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom