• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Wales - Suncorp Stadium June 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
I like Horne but his form just doesn't warrant his selection. Ant should of been the starting 13.

Horne has been a massive disappointment.

I recall the debate prior to the RWC about whether he should be included and some asserted that he was one of the most promising players they had seen. He has done little with the ball, and missed too many tackles with out. Horne has been poor.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Interesting to see you all so glum, you beat us in the WC then again back at Cardiff, yet the negativity here reminds me of many Welsh boards before a game,
As a Point of interest to you all, most Welsh boards give you the series win with some saying a complete white wash for Wales. How fickle are we rugby supporters.:D

Wallabies were just beaten by Scotland for the 2nd time in a row. I'll repeat that.. Wallabies were just beaten by Scotland for the 2nd time in a row. And we also lost to Samoa and Ireland last year. So, we've been beaten by Samoa, Ireland and Scotland in the last 12 months. You haven't lost to any of them in years and you play them more often!

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
:D:D:D Firstly Samoa has knocked us out of two WC, they also came very close to beating us this WC, Ireland are a good side on their day can beat most teams. They play NZ a couple Hrs before we play you.
NZ will be in a fight, Scotland a banana skin for many sides, don't feel to bad rip,
BTW looking at your picture we seem to be about the same age, kids huh! what do we know,;)

You have had a game together we have'nt, would be nice to beat you down there but, I aint holding my breath, ymlan Cymry, Ymlan Cymry,

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Hi guys, also I'm a little confused by the negativity with you lot on here. Lol.
Reigning tri nation's champs and beat us pretty convincingly in our last two meetings. Whatever shortcomings you feel the Wallabies currently have we'll have to play somewhere near our best and you poorly for us to get the result on Saturday.
Don't get the sudden bout of optimism sweeping through Wales at the moment. We've become more competitive, of that there is no doubt but fallen short against all the tri-nation's when opportunity arises.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Well, one thing I am glad to have come out of this is at least Dennis hasn't been discarded. I think the bloke has a real future. This pack could do with a few honest toilers.

To win a test against a side like Wales, I'd suggest you need EIGHT honest toilers!

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I'm pretty sure Quade also said that he was disappointed he wasn't selected, but he has to listen on the experts: the surgeon and physios, perhaps his knee isn't quite up to test rugby yet and he needs more game time in super rugby, building towards a full high intensity game.

The real challenge is going to be the "Four Nations" a.k.a "The Rugby Championship" in August. These tests are really positioning for that, although of course there is national pride on the line, as was evident in the loss to Scotland.

But if Australia win The Rugby Championship, this test series will be locked away in the 'distant past' catagory. Hence players such as QC (Quade Cooper) have to be treated with care until then. Barring injuries,the team running on for the first game of TRC against the AB's on 18Aug will be the 'Real Deal'.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I am sure the medical staff have their reasons for Quade. I would have liked him to start but maybe to much for him. Maybe the option off the bench was to little for him. Maybe they they just decided that the best road for him at this stage is just to get a consistant rythem of game time per week at a less intense level and sending him back to club rugby was the best fit for this.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Hi guys, also I'm a little confused by the negativity with you lot on here. Lol.
Reigning tri nation's champs and beat us pretty convincingly in our last two meetings. Whatever shortcomings you feel the Wallabies currently have we'll have to play somewhere near our best and you poorly for us to get the result on Saturday.
Don't get the sudden bout of optimism sweeping through Wales at the moment. We've become more competitive, of that there is no doubt but fallen short against all the tri-nation's when opportunity arises.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

We love our team but the administration behind them is a bit of a dogs breakfast at the moment. The players look confused out on the paddock.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I am sure the medical staff have their reasons for Quade. I would have liked him to start but maybe to much for him. Maybe the option off the bench was to little for him. Maybe they they just decided that the best road for him at this stage is just to get a consistant rythem of game time per week at a less intense level and sending him back to club rugby was the best fit for this.

Either the reds medical staff are wrong or the wallabies medical staff are wrong. They can't both be right, so did the reds stuff up or the wallabies too conservative?

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Either the reds medical staff are wrong or the wallabies medical staff are wrong. They can't both be right, so did the reds stuff up or the wallabies too conservative?

From what I've heard, the Peter Myers didn't want Quade playing until after the break and was extremely nervous about him coming back before then!

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Robbiespeak:

"Timani, in difficult conditions for a forward, was accurate, his frame was evident and he was effective around the contact."

"His frame was evident"! It's a bit like a teacher, stuck for something to write in a school report, penning, "He sits up straight in class."

When he leaves us, after a couple more failed World Cups, we're going to miss him.

Bruce, as you and I seem to share the duties this year for having the earliest sensors out for the best Robbie-isms, can I please rely upon you to be vigilant for the emerging subspecies of Totality Tony-speak as such will soon be upon us (in some quantity and regularity I suspect). In fact, I was disappointed that you didn't report the very first glimpses from TT's comments to the Fox mic on Tuesday night. Perhaps you were just too excitedly awaiting Robbiespeak and were thus a bit distracted?

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Meanwhile we have the luxury of blokes like Berwick and Beale, - and others. Many many countries would murder for the calibre of 10s we have seen unfold in the last year or 2.

It would be genocide if we could get a couple of them out on the paddock!

More seriously, get a few of these blokes fit and all of a sudden the backline looks devastating. We'll need to be careful about the balance though. We'll need the solidity of guys like McCabe and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to balance out the razzle dazzle of the likes of Cooper, Beale and O'Connor.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Bruce, as you and I seem to share the duties this year for having the earliest sensors out for the best Robbie-isms, can I please rely upon you to be vigilant for the emerging subspecies of Totality Tony-speak as such will soon be upon us (in some quantity and regularity I suspect). In fact, I was disappointed that you didn't report the very first glimpses from TT's comments to the Fox mic on Tuesday night. Perhaps you were just too excitedly awaiting Robbiespeak and were thus a bit distracted?

I'm devastated, RH. I totally missed Totality Tony's take on Tuesday's Test. I thought that someone would have posted it on YouTube but so far there is no sign of it.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
We do not need AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at all. McCabe, Fa'ainga, Ioane, Tomane, Shipperley all have solidity and form to back up selection. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has next to no form, particularly at fullback.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Has anyone though about what is going to happen if AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) gets injured during the game?

Surely either Shipperley, Foley or Morahan would have been better options than Harris for the bench.

Deans has picked a non fullback to start and a non outside back to provide 15 and wing cover!

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Trying to have no Reds bias here, but I'm suprised that Dom Shipperely has barley got a look in for the wing spot Vuna has gotten. Don't get me wrong I like Vuna, he is a devastating ball runner and knows how to score tries, but so does Shipperely.

Status
Not open for further replies.