• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Wales - Suncorp Stadium June 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well I'm not surprised that Deans doesn't let him use his flare. If it's as big as you say it is and Cooper lets it off during the game, he'll probably blow the stadium up. Oh.. you mean 'flair'.

Cheers mate, you must be new to reading my post.... Proof reading is not my thing as most would no (is that the right no/know) fuck im confused ;)

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
I just watched a youtube clip on Sam Warburton and I was wondering how some of those rucks could be legal.
On his feet?
Releasing the tackled player?
Really?

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Bullshit. Turner proved himself last year as the 3rd best winger during the EOYT. He is nothing like Davies, in fact he's the opposite. Someone with all the skills but lacks the athleticism of most wingers going around now. He's a very solid player that won't let you down but can still find the try line.

He has had one good EOYT and one good game for the Tah's (Finals V Crussaders). In between those periods of playing well, there has been a lot of mediocrity and one dimensional attack... By that I mean he is very fast but struggles to break a tackle. All of his tries are scoring in the corner when he has had an overlap and no-one to beat. I can't remember a try where he had to beat a man with anything but pace.

Show me footage of a try or two where he breaks a tackle outside the discussed brief periods of performance and I will happily eat my words.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
He has had one good EOYT and one good game for the Tah's (Finals V Crussaders). In between those periods of playing well, there has been a lot of mediocrity and one dimensional attack. By that I mean he is very fast but struggles to break a tackle. All of his tries are scoring in the corner when he has had an overlap and no-one to beat. I can't remember a try where he had to beat a man with anything but pace.

Show me footage of a try or two where he breaks a tackle outside the discussed brief periods of performance and I will happily eat my words.

He's not really a tackle-breaking kind of player though. His first instinct is to skin players on the outside and he's extremely good at it, but a combination of close marking, poor coaching and a loss of confidence have inhibited that. He's also exceptional in the air: he's scored a lot of tries by taking it out opponent's hands, including his superb effort in the aforementioned Super 14 final where he took it out of Dan Carter's hands from behind. What he needs is a big dose of attacking intention, not an attack of the bosh.

He is also very good on defence.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
a combination of close marking, poor coaching and a loss of confidence have inhibited that.

Maybe a one-dimensional is over the top here, apologies to the Turner fans I have offended. However, I think when you get to the top-flight (international) level of the game, speed isn't enough. If the Wallabies want to be a top team, their wingers need more than what Lachie offers in this position with this speed and I therefore don't like him at this level. You need someone that one-on-one can break that tackle and create something from nothing not capitalise on a defensive error. The game is too professional for that and those glaring defensive errors are too irregular these days to be relied upon...

Until Lachie can develop those skills i don't like him in the green and gold...

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
I just watched a youtube clip on Sam Warburton and I was wondering how some of those rucks could be legal.
On his feet?
Releasing the tackled player?
Really?

He's s quality 7, just like Pocock, McCaw, Brussow etc. Every single one of them spends most of the game breaking the law and the better they are the more they seem to get away with it. Lol.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well I'm not surprised that Deans doesn't let him use his flare. If it's as big as you say it is and Cooper lets it off during the game, he'll probably blow the stadium up. Oh.. you mean 'flair'.

The problem for Dean is that it appears that it is just fifteen pieces of flair, which is apparently the bare minimum.

What do you think of someone who just does the bare minimum?

edit: 15, not 27, is apparently the bare minimum of flair.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Maybe a one-dimensional is over the top here, apologies to the Turner fans I have offended. However, I think when you get to the top-flight (international) level of the game, speed isn't enough. If the Wallabies want to be a top team, their wingers need more than what Lachie offers in this position with this speed and I therefore don't like him at this level. You need someone that one-on-one can break that tackle and create something from nothing not capitalise on a defensive error. The game is too professional for that and those glaring defensive errors are too irregular these days to be relied upon.

Until Lachie can develop those skills i don't like him in the green and gold.

Not offended Joe Mac. Turner hasn't lived up to his schoolboy and first season potential.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Here we go again....QC (Quade Cooper) and partner-in-crime KB (Kurtley Beale) involved in an incident, trying to get into Victory Hotel Bris Vegas whilst intoxicated early this morning...punches were thrown...where have I heard this before? BTW on a positive note, Wobs by at least 6 poiints tomorrow! Will be wearing my lucky red (Reds) jocks!!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
"Captain Pocock" knows nothing of QC (Quade Cooper)/KB (Kurtley Beale) incident, just interviewed on 10 news!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
QC (Quade Cooper) and KB (Kurtley Beale) currently being interviewed by ARU, re latest incident! Will we loose a couple of contracted players, as "the look" is not good?!

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Way to take one for the team, QC (Quade Cooper) and KB (Kurtley Beale). Shift the focus away from the loss.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Media beatup, this shits me off. They got involved in a little tiffie outside a bar and got evicted. So fuckin what.

The only people that required calling where the pc brigade, and they deployed the riot squad straight after they withdrew it from the darcy incident.

Honestly, I don't care if you have a photo of yourself holding a gun. Why some people do is astonishing. It's very tempting to start the anti-pc brigade atm

Reactions: TSR

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
Who cares what Wallabies players are doing in bars, it is what is going to happen on ground with Wales that is the real concern.
Anti-pc/nanny/softcock brigade for me; and darcy looked kool with guns, let them have their fun ffs.

J

Jiggles

Walking along past the Vic once, I saw a Lady (looking a tad intoxicated mind you) attack a gentleman with a shoe. Its that sort of place.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Sorry team, only just discovered fatprops "QC (Quade Cooper)/KB (Kurtley Beale)" thread, will leave this thread to those players of whom we can be proud!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It does highlight how Aus rugby's stocks have improved. 5th choice - Barnes, not too bad really
Why is Barnes 5th choice? Coioper has played S15 rugby, got through a game and a half, so if he was higher up the ladder than Barnes he would of been picked. I still can't believe Cooper wasn't played against Scotland to give him game time, unless Deans doesn't rate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.