• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Wales - Suncorp Stadium June 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
But thats Austrian, so your a WW11 vet living over there, You take it easy old fella, Try not to get to exited,:cool:
I've tried to arrange for the Salvos to drop around to you an atlas, that you might be able to determine the difference between Austria & Australia, but I need to know if you can read yet.
Unfortunately they advised that some of those Welsh valleys are so remote that they hav'nt seen the light of day yet, hey boyo.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
I've tried to arrange for the Salvos to drop around to you an atlas, that you might be able to determine the difference between Austria & Australia, but I need to know if you can read yet.
Unfortunately they advised that some of those Welsh valleys are so remote that they hav'nt seen the light of day yet, hey boyo.
Your getting exited arent you, watch your blood pressure, Do you know why we have so many valleys,? its cause we have mountains see, do yo u know why we have so many mountains, well i'll tell u see, we took so much land off the english we had no where to put it so we had to pile it up,
Australia is that where all those nasty convicts were sent? My ancestors were celtic warriors, I know:eek: you are probably english and some of the land we took was yours, Now bach don't be so puerile, we in Wales use banter, It s possible I'll be over there for the Lions I would gladly buy the first XXXX I'm only 4' 6"so I need to sit on a stool by the Bar or I never get served,:D have a g/day sport,

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Didn't read through all the pages to see if it had been covered BUT... I was just speaking to a mate who was a the game at Suncorp and he said he heard something really random happened. He could't see from where he was in the upper stands but so the rumours at the ground went, someone allegedly released live piglets at the stadium - twice!!

Sounds very unbelieveable and hasn't been covered in any news stories that I could see but (assuming the little piglets didn't get hurt) it would've been pretty funny!

I have been stopped trying to take in an open bottle of water before so I can't begin to think how you would get more than one squealing pig in! :D

Anyone else hear anything like this?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I was at the SCG for the St Kilda vs Sydney AFL game when someone released a piglet onto the field with 4 and Plugga written on it.

I guess security at sporting grounds is a lot stricter than it was back then.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
So the TV Ratings for the game apparently -

The FTA TV Ratings (OzTam Regions) for the test on Saturday Night were:

Sydney 113K
Bris 133K
Melb 26L
Adelaide 6K
Perth 9K

Total 288K

(18th for the night)

Not on the Top 20 for Pay TV-if it was shown -cutoff 51K.

See TV Tonight site.

If we want more TV coverage for Rugby, I imagine we're going to have to deliver better ratings.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The numbers hardly tell the full story though.

Outside of NSW and QLD it was shown on GEM and then repeated at 1am or something on FTA.

The game was also broadcast live on Fox, which would have split the ratings of both 9 and Fox.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)

Sydney 113K
Bris 133K
Melb 26L
Adelaide 6K
Perth 9K

Total 288K

(18th for the night)

See TV Tonight site.

If we want more TV coverage for Rugby, I imagine we're going to have to deliver better ratings.

What do you suggest, watch it on three different tv's?
How do they work out the ratings in this day & age anyhow? How do they take into account people watching at a pub or a party etc?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't believe that any estimation is made for people watching TV in the pub (which would only really affect ratings for sport).

The ratings are done via a machine that measures what channel and who in the household is watching the TV. I believe there are 5,000 homes are in the ratings panel in the country. Clearly these are distributed carefully amongst the various locations and demographics to try and capture the best data set possible to extrapolate it out to the national viewing numbers.

I am currently on the ratings panel. You can be on it for up to four years. I was unfortunately away on the weekend so I didn't add to the ratings even though I watched the game where I was.

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)

Sydney 113K
Bris 133K
Melb 26L
Adelaide 6K
Perth 9K

Total 288K

(18th for the night)

See TV Tonight site.

The official OZTAM figures for pay TV show this:

Top 20 Program Rankings - Subscription - Overnight Figures - Total PeopleRank / Description / Channel / National
1 LIVE: RUGBY UNION: TEST MATCH FOX SPORTS 3 258,000
2 LIVE: NRL KNIGHTS V RAIDERS FOX SPORTS 2 249,000
3 LIVE: AFL RICHMOND V FREMANTLE FOX FOOTY 222,000
4 LIVE: AFL ESSENDON V SYDNEY FOX FOOTY 220,000
5 LIVE: AFL GOLD COAST V ST KILDA FOX FOOTY 191,000
6 LIVE: RUGBY UNION: TEST MATCH FOX SPORTS 3 171,000
7 LIVE: RUGBY UNION: TEST MATCH FOX SPORTS 3 168,000
8 LIVE: NRL SATURDAY PRE GAME SHOW FOX SPORTS 2 125,000
9 TOY STORY 2 Disney Junior 84,000
10 MIDSOMER MURDERS UKTV 76,000
11 LIVE: RUGBY UNION: TEST MATCH FOX SPORTS 3 74,000
12 BAD TEACHER showtime premiere 72,000
13 LIVE: AFL: NAB BEFORE THE BOUNCE FOX FOOTY 69,000
14 THE SIMPSONS FOX8 69,000
15 STORAGE WARS A&E 65,000
16 LIVE: RUGBY LEAGUE: TOYOTA CUP FOX SPORTS 2 64,000
17 THE SIMPSONS FOX8 62,000
18 SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS Nickelodeon 58,000
19 THE SIMPSONS FOX8 57,000
20 SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS Nickelodeon 53,000

The Wallabies test was the top rating show on Fox and there's separate figures for Adelaide and Perth because of time zones. The ratings also show the All Blacks v Ireland test was #6.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

6 LIVE: RUGBY UNION: TEST MATCH FOX SPORTS 3 171,000

The Wallabies test was the top rating show on Fox and there's separate figures for Adelaide and Perth because of time zones. The ratings also show the All Blacks v Ireland test was #6.

Thought there was a few more than 170,999* ex Nu Zullunders over here!

Guess they all can't afford Fox.

Cracking game though.

*The game was on in Chez Jarse, so we must have been the 171,000 th viewer.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)

Cracking game though.

We can afford Fox but watching the All Blacks - especially in another country - always feels a bit more patriotic at someone's house (or at a pub) with a few other bros dressed in black, silver fern on the chest and an ice cold Steinlager in hand.....

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'll pay that.

The Jarses do the same when we are on tour, although we tend to seek out Gold rather than Dark colours. Any cold beer in hand will do except US lolly water ......

W

What2040

Cracking game though.

yeah but they share 30 per household

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)

12 BAD TEACHER showtime premiere 72,000

When I see that 72,000 households tuned in to Bad Teacher I just find it more disturbing proof that our nation is de-evolving. What the hell is wrong with these people? ;)

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
When I see that 72,000 households tuned in to Bad Teacher I just find it more disturbing proof that our nation is de-evolving. What the hell is wrong with these people? ;)

Keep looking down the list. If you want proof, it is in the form of Spongebob Squarepants at number 18 AND 20!

Status
Not open for further replies.