• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Wales, Sunday Dec 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Back injury unlikely to keep Wallabies star Berrick Barnes out of clash with Wales in Cardiff
From correspondents in London, England AAP November 28, 2011 7:33AM

Wallabies playmaker Berrick Barnes is recovering well from a back injury and is considered a good chance of playing in this weekend's Test against Wales in Cardiff.

Barnes, the man of the match in Australia's 21-18 victory over Wales in last month's third place play-off at the Rugby World Cup, hurt his back during the touring side's thrashing of the Barbarians on Sunday morning (EDT).

The courageous inside centre was accidentally kneed in the back after collecting the ball in the first half of the 60-11 win over the invitational side at Twickenham.

He was substituted late in the first half in London with uncapped Queensland Reds centre Ben Tapuai producing a good account of himself in his maiden outing for the national team.

The Wallabies arrived in Cardiff on Monday morning (EDT) and will have a recovery session on Tuesday (EDT) before hitting the training paddock at the University of Glamorgan.

If Barnes proves his fitness, there are not expected to be any changes to the backline.

No.8 Ben McCalman is set to return from an eye irritation and captain James Horwill will be elevated to the starting lineup for the final match of the year.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/w...wales-in-cardiff/story-e6frf55l-1226207665449

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
I'm concerned about O'Connor at 10. Tore the BaaBaas apart but that's not going to be easy against an organised defense and a reversing forward pack. Will be interesting to watch how he goes but I'm half expecting a train wreck

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I reckon we should leave Pocock as captain this week (I know it wont happen) but it would be awesome to see.

Pocock V Warburton
Captain V Captain

I think over the next few years this will become an epic rivalry, Cant wait.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
A week and a bit away, but massive news by Sam Ikin, with SBS to broadcast the game for FTA coverage, across the nation.

I've wanted to see SBS get Rugby games for some time. My prayers have been answered. Looking forward to seeing how they go. Hopefully they are a success & get more games and be even more successful so that Rugby can piss off channel 9 once and for all.

Oh yeah, & we need to get Roy & HG back on triple J to do the alternative commentary from the card table - that would be the icing on the cake.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
1/ Slipper
2/ Moore
3/ Benny A
4/ Simmons
5/ Horwill
6/ Higgers
7/ Pocock
8/ McCalman
9/ Genia
10/ JOC (James O'Connor)
11/ Digby
12/ Ant
13/ Horne
14/ Turner
15/ AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

16/ TPN
17/ Mafu
18/ Sharpe
19/ Hodgeson
20/ Dennis
21/ Lucas
22/ Tapuai

That side will do me.

Reactions: daz

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
1/ Slipper
2/ Moore
3/ Benny A
4/ Simmons
5/ Horwill
6/ Higgers
7/ Pocock
8/ McCalman
9/ Genia
10/ JOC (James O'Connor)
11/ Digby
12/ Ant
13/ Horne
14/ Turner
15/ AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

16/ TPN
17/ Mafu
18/ Sharpe
19/ Hodgeson
20/ Dennis
21/ Lucas
22/ Tapuai

That side will do me.
Hope JOC (James O'Connor) doesn't get injured. No other goal-kicker in the 22. I know you don't rate him, but I'd be amazed if Barnes is not in the 22 somehow. Can't really see the point of Hodgson and Dennis as well, more likely a 4:3 split methinks.

W

What2040

actually Qwerty I'd probably keep him at 3. as well - think he now does more than ever around the paddock and prepared to get in there and mix it

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Lucas can kick goals. I doubt Barnes won't be in the 22 if fit. I don't think Dennis made the most of his opportunity but is most definatly worth persisting with and Hodgeson covers the cock. 4:3 on the bench would be fine though lucas and Taps cover what is needed.

The most important change is most definetly for me is Benny A for Mafu.

Status
Not open for further replies.