• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Wales, Sunday Dec 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'd keep Ma'afu, I thought he scrummaged well and he is a better THP than Alexander.

Ma'afu, he is getting fatter each game. lose some of that gut and he will be able to get lower.....
But scrummaging wasn't to bad....Line outs got better once More was on.

be a good game, Wales will be strong and want to win at home...
Forwards will have to be at every breakdown nice early (except Alexander as he will be sniffing out on the wing and waiting for a try or the breakdown coming back to him) and give this new look back line a chance to run..

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I thought JOC (James O'Connor) played like the perfect 12 on the weekend. His footwork was great but he doesn't seem to have good enough distribution to play first 5. Barnes to 10 (if fit) and JOC (James O'Connor) to 12 and we would be awesome.

If Barnes is out, Tapuai should be 12 over Ant

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Yeah get rid of Fainga'a, Tapuai broke the line immediately when he came on.

I could have broken that defensive line.

I agree, Fainga'a is not suited to 12 if Barnes is at 10, he needs a creative player inside him (not McCabe!). He would do very well at 13 if Beiber was 12, but hasn't a chance of getting selected (in a position that wont hamstring his efforts to translate Super15 form into test match form) as long as Horne is capable of even moving one leg, not with Dingo coaching.

So Barnes - Beiber - Horne is what we shoudl see.

Barnes - Beiber -

troxler

Sydney Middleton (9)
I'm stoked that SBS has picked up the coverage for FTA, i was pissed that the Baa's vs Wallabies game wasn't on FTA aswell.
Luckily a nice chap posted the full game on youtube earlier today!.

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
I would almost sell my first born to be there to watch this game live.
Both teams have just SO MUCH to prove after the RWC.
The respect the welsh have for Rugby is so deep and meaningful it is in my humble opinion unparalleled.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
Yeah get rid of Fainga'a, Tapuai broke the line immediately when he came on.

I agree. However i have only seen Tapuai play the once and it was only against Canada. The sad thing is that Fainga'a is my favourite defensive player we have. It's a shame that he can't back it up with an 'x factor' of breaking the line or a ball playing game.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I agree. However i have only seen Tapuai play the once and it was only against Canada. The sad thing is that Fainga'a is my favourite defensive player we have. It's a shame that he can't back it up with an 'x factor' of breaking the line or a ball playing game.

He seems to have the type of drive and mentality that if they leave at home for an off-season he will work to develop his offence. I hope he can sort out his attack because his defence is a real pleasure to watch

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

When has he realy been required to play to a game plan when those attributes are required. To date he really has only been required to play a style to compliment other x factor players. I am not sure weather that is enough to dismiss him as not having those attributes. Others will know better but my understanding is that he has shown such in schools rugby. I think many maybe guilty of underestimating his general all round skill set.

The best thing about Ant is that he has positive attitude by the tonne.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
When has he realy been required to play to a game plan when those attributes are required. To date he really has only been required to play a style to compliment other x factor players. I am not sure weather that is enough to dismiss him as not having those attributes. Others will know better but my understanding is that he has shown such in schools rugby. I think many maybe guilty of underestimating his general all round skill set.

The best thing about Ant is that he has positive attitude by the tonne.

Put simply his ball handling skills are not of test standard and i would argue almost not of a professional standard.

Unless he sorts this out this Super rugby season i fear he may be on the outer.

He has some great skills to build a base from, i hope for the sake of Australian Rugby that he can because i am a big fan of his bruising defence. When it comes to Nonu i would love to see him marking him as he is such a brilliant runner of the football.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
In a free-to-air TV exclusive, SBS will broadcast the rugby international between Wales and Australia from Millennium Stadium in Cardiff LIVE at 1:15am (AEDT) on Sunday 4 December.

The game, which is part of the Wallabies' Spring Tour, is a rematch of the recent Rugby 2011 World Cup third place play-off, where the Wallabies edged out Wales 21-18.

The match will be LIVE at 1:15am (AEDT) on Sunday 4 December on SBS ONE.

A replay will be screened at 3pm (AEDT) on Sunday 4 December on SBS ONE.

Michael Tomalaris will host SBS’s coverage and will be joined by Al Baxter, Australia's most-capped prop, and 1999 World Cup winner Matt Burke, Australia's second highest points scorer in history.

“It’s not every day that we get the chance to broadcast international level rugby union on SBS,” Ken Shipp, SBS Head of Sport, said.

“I’m glad that we are able to provide free-to-air coverage of this match as a service to all rugby fans.”

The Wallabies, currently ranked No.2 in the IRB World Rankings, have won their past three encounters with Wales.

The James Bevan Trophy between Wales and the Wallabies will be LIVE at 1:15am (AEDT) on Sunday 4 December on SBS ONE. With a replay at 3pm on Sunday 4 December, also on SBS ONE.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Al Baxter's book The 50 Most Aesthetically Pleasing Rugby Stadiums is a wonderful companion to Phil Kearns' book on The 50 Greatest Scrums.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Is there an option to buy them as a package? They would make a great Christmas present for my wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.