• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Wales, Sunday Dec 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I have to agree. However i feel that this is due to the injuries he sustained. His form prior to this was to put it in one term 'freaky' Moore has been solid and whilst not a defestating runner of the football i always feel confident he will get over the advantage line and get the ball back no problem.

Having two hookers of this standard is a good problem to have,.

Agreed Moore has been the standout this year but there were glimpses of the old rampaging TPN in the Baa Baa game and I have a feeling that this weekend he will be back to his dynamite form again. I bloody hope so anyway

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I think it is about balance in the pack, without a "tackle buster" in the pack (like Palu), Nau will start, and Moore will finish with Samo coming on to play the tackle buster role later in the match.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Taf may not be the best... in fact, he's quite unreliable at test level...

But I would say he's no worse than Fainga'a...

Agree on that, but I think Taf offers more physicality than all other hookers... Saia isn't yet at a level to really be pushing either of these guys out of the starting side yet.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Agree on that, but I think Taf offers more physicality than all other hookers... Saia isn't yet at a level to really be pushing either of these guys out of the starting side yet.

Saia is really only filling a spot until someone else steps up...

It might be harsh, but I don't know what he offers the team as he's terrible in the set piece, doesn't really carry the ball up, and loves to give away penalties...

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Bit harsh on Saia, but at this stage I agree. Nathan Charles would be my bet for a player to take his place: now there's a guy who's run over a few people in his time.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
<Reds Player> is awful....

<Brumbies Player> is the best...

God I wish there was an ignore button on this forum.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Anyway, I think Moore definitely does deserve to start after his performances. I'd like to see TAF's energy levels get up again because to me he just looks a bit empty on that front, him expending everything in the last 20 would be good.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Settle Grettel,
I'm a tah's fan and yet I think Moore is better than Taf as a hooker, but I rate McCabe more than Ant, and JOC (James O'Connor) as a better 12 than both. Get over yourself and realise that a huge majority of us put aside club allegiances when talking about the wallabies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Moore is by far the best Hooker in Australia and by far the best all round package. He is hard, technically profficient, has a big engine and can be relied on to go the distance. His competitors may have some of these attributes but are not the all round package like Moore is.

I would like to see Taf become a bit more refined. His mad man nature on the park makes him an injury liability. We all know he is a tough bastard but if he could only apply it with sounder technique he and the team would be better off.

The hooker needs to be able to go the distance to maintain continuity in the communication at the set piece.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
You probably misinterpreted my post. I'm a fan of all provinces in Aus Rugby, though a member of the Reds because I live in Brisbane. Which state someone plays for doesn't bother me. My post was simply mocking Slim's posting format which is always declarative statements followed by trailing fullstops. Not a big deal.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fair play, I also wrote that before you posted your thoughts, just thought you were slamming people for their opinions.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
Just on that Sai'a throwing talk. I think that your thrower is only as good as your jumper and vice versa. That being said Faainga can definitely work on his throwing anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.