• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think Mogg is more likely to end up on the wing if he gets a shot with the Wallabies.

I don't think his defence is reliable enough to be a test fullback at this stage.

He could be picked on the wing as an out and out flyer.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think Mogg is more likely to end up on the wing if he gets a shot with the Wallabies.

I don't think his defence is reliable enough to be a test fullback at this stage.

He could be picked on the wing as an out and out flyer.
Remember that Roff was often moving between 11 and 15 for the Brumbies but always 11 for the Wallabies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1. Pek Cowan
2. Stephen Moore
3. Dan Palmer
4. Luke Jones
5. Scott Fardy
6. Ed Quirk
7. Liam Gill
8. Ben Mowen
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Digby Ioane
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Mitch Inman
14. Alfi Mafi
15. Jesse Mogg

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
1. Pek Cowan
2. Stephen Moore
3. Dan Palmer
4. Luke Jones
5. Scott Fardy
6. Ed Quirk
7. Liam Gill
8. Ben Mowen
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Digby Ioane
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Mitch Inman
14. Alfi Mafi
15. Jesse Mogg

Andrew Smith outplayed Inman head to head and should be in the team. To show my lack of bias, I would have Pyle before Fardy again this week, and also thought Shipperly played well enough to be included. Otherwise, agree as selected.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
1. Pek Cowan
2. Stephen Moore
3. Dan Palmer
4. Luke Jones
5. Scott Fardy
6. Ed Quirk
7. Liam Gill
8. Ben Mowen
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Digby Ioane
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Mitch Inman
14. Alfi Mafi
15. Jesse Mogg

based on the pass I just saw Afi Mafi throw to the Honey Badger he must have done some great work at other times to justify selection.
leaving aside the utterly shithouse execution of the pass there was the major problem that he was drifting aimlessly across field before it was thrown.
is he really the best cross field runner we have to wear 11?

P

Paradox

1. Alexander
2. Moore
3. Palmer
4. Fardy
5. Jones
6. Quirk
7. Gill
8. Mowen
9. White
10. Foley
11. Ioane
12. Taps
13. Smith
14. Ships
15. Mogg

Honorable mentions to Mitchell, Cooper, Schatz, To'omua, Lilo, Inman, Pocock, Volavola, Rathbone, Slipper.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
1. Alexander
2. Moore
3. Palmer
4. Fardy
5. Jones
6. Quirk
7. Gill
8. Mowen
9. White
10. Foley
11. Ioane
12. Taps
13. Smith
14. Ships
15. Mogg

Honorable mentions to Mitchell, Cooper, Schatz, To'omua, Lilo, Inman, Pocock, Volavola, Rathbone, Slipper.

Benn Robinson was only on the field for a few minutes, but he was my first choice in the front row.

P

Paradox

SMH team of the week:

TEAM OF THE WEEK
Ben Alexander (Brumbies)
Stephen Moore (Brumbies)
James Slipper (Reds)
Scott Fardy (Brumbies)
Rob Simmons (Reds)
Ed Quirk (Reds)
Liam Gill (Reds)
Ben Mowen (Brumbies)
Nic White (Brumbies)
Matt To'omua (Brumbies)
Digby Ioane (Reds)
Christian Lealifaano (Brumbies)
Ben Tapuai (Reds)
Dom Shipperley (Reds)
Jesse Mogg (Brumbies)

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Sounds pretty good. But how long did Taps spend at 13?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
1. Pek Cowan
2. Stephen Moore
3. Dan Palmer
4. Luke Jones
5. Scott Fardy
6. Ed Quirk
7. Liam Gill
8. Ben Mowen
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Digby Ioane
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Mitch Inman
14. Alfi Mafi
15. Jesse Mogg

Drew Mitchell was the best wing on the park this week. This tradition of picking no Waratahs (not that I mind, as a Rebs supporter) is slightly stale now. The SMH team is typical. The Reds win a reasonably close contest with a couple of easy tries and get 7 players in to zero.

P

Paradox

Drew Mitchell was the best wing on the park this week. This tradition of picking no Waratahs (not that I mind, as a Rebs supporter) is slightly stale now. The SMH team is typical. The Reds win a reasonably close contest with a couple of easy tries and get 7 players in to zero.

I think SMH see it as a form of punishment ;) . Name your side Groucho.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Tahs have only played 1 game so it's hard to base their form on just that, they'll start to filter in I'm sure.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

But those Reds spots wouldn't have gone to any Waratahs necessarily.........

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
But those Reds spots wouldn't have gone to any Waratahs necessarily...

Sure, but it's a pattern. They lost to the Force by a point last year and there were 7 Force players in the SMH team, ahead of more deserving Reds and Brumbies players. It's just a different kind of narcissism.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Surely it has to be
1. Tilse
2. TPN
3. Palmer
4. Pyle
5. Fardy
6. Quirk
7. Pocock
8. Mowen
9. White
10. To'omua
11. Mitchell
12. Tapuai
13. Inman
14. Ioane
15. Mogg

Edit: I almost had Godwin at 10, but I don't know if it was his or the backlines fault for the lack of firing

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Surely it has to be
1. Tilse
2. TPN
3. Palmer
4. Pyle
5. Fardy
6. Quirk
7. Pocock
8. Mowen
9. White
10. To'omua
11. Mitchell
12. Tapuai
13. Inman
14. Ioane
15. Mogg

Edit: I almost had Godwin at 10, but I don't know if it was his or the backlines fault for the lack of firing
Tilse is that a G up? also Gill probably out pointed Pocock and wasnt TPN strongest game. aside from that your on the money in my opinion. Be tight between Mitchell, shipperly and Rathbone for other wing spot with Diggers. Mitchell dropped that ball at a bit of a crucial period when tahs were attacking and shipperly was pretty mistake free

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
1 Robinson -best scrimmaging LHP in the country
2 Moore
3 Palmer - best scrimmaging THP in the country
4 Douglas - best TH lock
5 Fardy
6 Quirk
7 Gill
8 Mowen - showing a lot more this season, making yards and hitting harder whilst still doing his core stuff
9 White
10 Touma
11 Rathbone
12 Taps
13 Inman
14 Digby
15 Mogg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
1. Alexander / Cowan
2. Moore
3. Palmer
4. Fardy
5. Carter
6. Quirk
7. Pocock
8. Mowen
9. White
10. Lilo
11. Mitchell
12. Taps
13. Smith
14. Rathbone
15. Mogg

Most of the Brumbies really. They are playing a Test rugby style game lan ATM too. Very direct, rock solid defence with a strong set piece. That translates well to Test Rugby.

I realise Lilo played 12 but I'd prefer to keep both Lilo and Taps.

Other players that are close to pushing their way into the side are Cowan, Mitchell, Gill, TPN, Slipper, Palu and Cooper

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Mixing it up with the full 22

1. Robbo (Maybe he got the message to step it up when dropped to the bench?)
2. Moore
3. Palmer
4. Jones
5. Carter
6. Quirk
7. Gill
8. Mowen
9. White
10. Cooper
11. Rathbone
12. Taps
13. Inman
14. Diggers
15. Mogg

16. TPN
17. Alexander
18. Douglas
19. Pocock
20. Stirzaker (only because nobody else really stood out at scrum half for me, promising talent even if he did get rolled by Sio)
21. Lilo
22. Shipperly (Mitchell close by, but he spilt the pill on a sitter and I'm getting little tired of outside backs coughing up catches)

Some of the younger guys in the Tahs played well too I thought, Foley and Volavola showed some good potential and really bought into the attacking style.

Status
Not open for further replies.