• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
For mine at this point, plenty of time for change though:
Robbo
Moore
Palmer
Kev
Douglas
Higgers
Hooper
Mowen
Genia
To'omua
Digby
Taps
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Mogg
JOC (James O'Connor)

Res:
TPN
Ben A
Pyle
Gill
White
Lilo
Mitchell

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Not sure that only selecting Smith as a 7 and comparing him to Gill and Hooper is the right way to go. None of the 6's have been much chop so I would play him there, he is miles ahead of the other options.

6. Smith
7. Gill
8. Palu/Mowen

19. Palu/Mowen

That is only if Palu is back near his best, not confident he can be after so little rugby of late.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
The ARU could bring 'em all down to watch the show.
They could pay out his contract (yeah right).
Isn't the problem with all of this the fact that Deans showed Smith the door? Or have I remembered that incorrectly?
Showed Sharpe the door.
Not sure about Smith I think everything was very mutual.
I think he thoroughly deserved to go off shore and play after 110 test, unlike Elsom who went to chase the coin and never really returned to the form prior to his sabbatical.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Not sure that only selecting Smith as a 7 and comparing him to Gill and Hooper is the right way to go. None of the 6's have been much chop so I would play him there, he is miles ahead of the other options.

6. Smith
7. Gill
8. Palu/Mowen

19. Palu/Mowen

That is only if Palu is back near his best, not confident he can be after so little rugby of late.
Smith Hooper Palu - a rather strong Manly back row.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
At that time we had Vickerman and Horwill who were both better than Sharpe. That said he put Simmons on the bench over Sharpe which was kinda odd.
Vickerman, I had thought he was injured? Or at least it seemed he was constantly injured since his return from the UK?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Not sure we should be picking a midget backrow against the Lions. One open side is enough on the field, thanks, maybe two in the last ten minutes or so. We need very strong set pieces, and that means we need a big, strong, tall, 6.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Not sure we should be picking a midget backrow against the Lions. One open side is enough on the field, thanks, maybe two in the last ten minutes or so. We need very strong set pieces, and that means we need a big, strong, tall, 6.

Would much rather have Smith there over Dennis and Higgers who are the incumbents and most likely. I will take a tough & exceptional small man over an average big man.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Despite missing the opening two rounds, the 32-year-old ex-international is only behind Reds flanker Liam Gill for the most pilfers and turnovers forced in the entire competition after six rounds.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...-smith-loan-20130326-2grn8.html#ixzz2Odm27JkM

Stats well not bad and don't lie, them look at the work off the ball, ball in hand, and other skill sets that Gill hasn't yet developed. Gill, Hooper, and Pockock are all very fine players and will benefit from having Smith involved.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Against a NH set piece team?
Assuming thats not a tautology: Yes - in fact he's played 8 against everyone from NH but Scotland.

I wouldn't see that record as being determinative anyway.

He did not play 8 against the lions in 01.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Richo

John Thornett (49)
6 is clearly an issue. At 7 we have an embarrassment of riches. There are few sides in the world for whom Gill or Hooper would not be starting (let alone Pocock, when healthy), and obviously that Smith bloke hasn't lost much while eating duck confit and drinking Bordeaux. I've been really impressed with Mowen and I think he deserves a shot, unless Palu comes back firing.

6. Smith
7. Hooper
8. Mowen/Palu

After watching Wales v. England, I think it's a fair chance that we'll see 6. Warburton and 7. Tipuric. Smith and Hooper/Gill would not be outmatched physically by such a pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.