• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

walshy

Frank Row (1)
wallabies need big,aggro forwards!! pocock is out!smart,good tackling "have a go "backs!
1:palmer
2:Moore
3:Robbo
4:Horwill
5:Douglas
6:McMeniman
7:Gill
8:Higgas
9:Genia
10:O"connor
11:Ioane
12:Tapuai
13:AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14:Tomane
15:Beale

16:TPN
17:Alexander
18:Ryan
19:Timani
20:Hooper
21:White
22:Lealifano

I also think there should be a "REAL" Emerging Wallabies game against touring sides! not a reserve side!!Bleed in some youngsters!! maybe an under 23/4 team! What do you think of this" futures" team??
1.scott sio
2.siliva siliva
3.james slipper[c]
4.sam carter
5.ettienne oosthuizen
6.ed quirk
7.colby faaingaa
8.lopeti timani
9.matt lucas
10.angus Roberts
11.tom Kingston
12.kyle godwin
13.chris feauau-sautia
14.tevita kuridrani
15.ben volavola

When you consider Gill,Hooper,O'conner,White and Tomane !!! not bad! Lots more young lads!Very hard to pick!

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Welcome Walshy. Not so sure on some of your choices re: 7, 8, 10, 14, 15. I'd have 7: Smith, 8: Palu, 10: Cooper, 14: JOC (James O'Connor) and 15: Mogg instead.
That said, props on having a hot wife.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
In the snippets I saw, Tomane was excellent. McCabe makes the gain line often enough but he's far too predictable.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
In the snippets I saw, Tomane was excellent. McCabe makes the gain line often enough but he's far too predictable.
McCabe made good metres, often got over the gain line. But he never passed, and never looked like doing it either. Now, I accept this might be the "plan", but occasionally looking like passing, or actually passing might engender some doubt in the defensive line. It struck me as too one dimensional, even though he did that role very well. Good in defence too.
Personally, and nothing against McCabe, I want to see more from the 12.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Cyclo, totally agree. He's a very good player as far as he goes, especially in defense, but I think we have better options and should play a more expansive game plan to take advantage of our various weapons. To me, it's Taps, Lilo or Horne at 12.

(Just kidding about that last one).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mowen, Smith, White, Lealiifano, Tomane, Kuridrani and Speight performed well for the Brumbies.

I thought that was Speight's worst game for a couple of years.........

But it was Tomane's best for the year........... his aerial skills were top notch and he always looked dangerous with the ball........ I guess it was time to remind Deans about his abilities.........

Nic White's pass hasn't been as good this year, but he's still the best halfback when it comes to kicking in general play..........

And I thought Smith was very quiet tonight........ forgot that he was playing for a while there..........

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I think a professional 12 should be one of the most well-rounded players on the field just because of the demands of the positions. Any 12 at that level should be able to run, step, jink, pass, kick, has pace, etc. They may not be the best at any single thing but they should at least be a 7/10 at every skill. It's a position where the demands/needs can change dramatically even in between phases. In my eyes that's why this one-dimensional #12 strategy hardly ever pans out well.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I thought that was Speight's worst game for a couple of years...

But it was Tomane's best for the year..... his aerial skills were top notch and he always looked dangerous with the ball.... I guess it was time to remind Deans about his abilities...

Nic White's pass hasn't been as good this year, but he's still the best halfback when it comes to kicking in general play....

And I thought Smith was very quiet tonight.... forgot that he was playing for a while there....

Most runs, and most run metres for the Brumbies all night, and 3 turnovers/penalties won.

Which game were you watching?

Scotty

David Codey (61)
McCabe made good metres, often got over the gain line. But he never passed, and never looked like doing it either. Now, I accept this might be the "plan", but occasionally looking like passing, or actually passing might engender some doubt in the defensive line. It struck me as too one dimensional, even though he did that role very well. Good in defence too.
Personally, and nothing against McCabe, I want to see more from the 12.

McCabe comes back in and Lilo goes to 10 and the brumbies backs look very average. Only one week but a lot on here need to stop overhyping these two, particularly LiLo as a 10 when he hasn't been playing there this year.

Roy

Frank Row (1)
Lealilafano and McCabe have not played at 10/12 all year including preseason...so why did anyone think they would gel and ignite the back line?. The Brums/jake White did not show the Kings enough respect... And they got there arse kicked as a result...Let's hope they learn and we see some sensible selections...too much power play and not enough finesse and speed for my liking.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
McCabe comes back in and Lilo goes to 10 and the brumbies backs look very average. Only one week but a lot on here need to stop overhyping these two, particularly LiLo as a 10 when he hasn't been playing there this year.
You said it yourself, it was the first week the 10-12 combo of Lealiifano and McCabe played together this year, so perhaps you shouldn't underrate them either.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Not underrating, just saying it is way too early to be calling for either of these two to be talked about in terms of Lions tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.