• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Holmes, Hanson, Genia, Shatz and Horwill were a few of the Reds players who were involved in Wallaby head shots today at Ballymore..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
and he has now been ruled out for the rest of the season bar the grand final..

If the Tahs top the conference he'll be back for the semi-final.

It's certainly going to be a tougher job to do so now, especially if they can't get either reduced on

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Agreed, the Reds worth a look in are Slipper, Hanson and Holmes, Simmo, Gill, Genia, Cooper

But Gill won't be looked at and Horwill will.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Because his season thus far hasn't been enough to guarantee himself a position in the Wallabies squad, and he has now been ruled out for the rest of the season bar the grand final..

assuming the appeal is unsuccessful he'll miss the final 3 games and the first week of the finals, which the Tahs may not play in anyway. In any case, I'd say if he is in contention now he still will be in 4 weeks time irrespective of how much game time he gets.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Holmes, Hanson, Genia, Shatz and Horwill were a few of the Reds players who were involved in Wallaby head shots today at Ballymore..

I'm guessing it's because they have all played for the Wallabies in the past..

T

TOCC

I'm guessing it's because they have all played for the Wallabies in the past..

There were quite a few Reds players who have played for the Wallabies in the past who weren't required at the photo shoot...no doubt some were included as precautionary(Shatz), but the rest of them are potentially going to be involved in the Wallabies squad at some point.

T

TOCC

In any case, I'd say if he is in contention now he still will be in 4 weeks time irrespective of how much game time he gets.

Nah game time is important for inexperienced players like Latu to prove their value and consistency, for his Wallaby chances he is much better off playing then he is sitting on the sideline.. Especially when guys like Hanson are improving their form.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If the Tahs top the conference he'll be back for the semi-final.

It's certainly going to be a tougher job to do so now, especially if they can't get either reduced on

Don't you mean top 2? If we come 3rd we have to play in the preliminary finals.

abcde

Peter Burge (5)
I've prioritised form for this make up of a wallabies squad. I know it just won't pan out this way, but here's my thoughts based on this year's performances;

1. James Slipper QLD
2. Tolu Latu NSW
3. Sekope Kepu QLD
4. Will Skelton NSW
5. Luke Jones VIC
6. Scott Fardy ACT
7. Michael Hooper NSW / David Pocock ACT
8. Ben McCalman WA
9. Nick Phipps NSW
10. Bernard Foley NSW
11. Sefanaia Naivalu VIC (doesn't qualify for another year), otherwise, Adam Ashley-Cooper NSW
12. Matt To'omua ACT
13. Tevita Kuridrani ACT
14. Henry Speight ACT
15. Israel Folau NSW

16. Scott Sio ACT
17. Stephen Moore ACT
18. Greg Holmes QLD
19. Rob Simmons QLD
20. David Pocock ACT / Michael Hooper NSW
21. Nic Stirzaker VIC
22. Samu Kerevi QLD
23. Drew Mitchell NSW

Props:
1. Toby Smith VIC; LHP (sadly, Smith doesn't qualify as he's one year off the residency period of being able to qualify)
2. Paul Alo-Emile VIC; THP
3. Ben Alexander ACT; THP/LHP
4. Benn Robinson NSW; LHP

Hookers:
1. Tatafu Polota-Nau NSW
2. Pat Leafa VIC
3. James Hanson QLD

Lock
1. Adam Coleman WA
2. Rory Arnold ACT
3. Sam Carter ACT

Lock/Backrow
1. Lopeti Timani VIC
2. Scott Fardy ACT
3. David Dennis NSW

6/7/8
1. Wycliff Palu NSW
2. Liam Gill QLD
3. Scott Higginbotham VIC
4. Matt Hodgson WA
5. Ita Vaea ACT
6. Steve Mafi WA

Scrum halves
1. Nick White ACT
2. Will Genia QLD

10/12's
1. Matt Giteau ST
2. Quade Cooper QLD (only here because of injury)
2. Christian Lealiifano ACT
3. Jack Debrezceni VIC

Other backs
1. Rob Horne NSW
2. Mike Harris VIC
3. Mitch Inman VIC
4. Joseph Tomane ACT
5. Taqele Naiyaravoro NSW
6. Nick Cummins WA

- James O'Connor, James Horwill left out due to form slip

T

Train Without a Station

Abcde, Toby Smith qualifies on ancestry and Steve Mafi doesn't as he has played for Tonga

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Nah game time is important for inexperienced players like Latu to prove their value and consistency, for his Wallaby chances he is much better off playing then he is sitting on the sideline.. Especially when guys like Hanson are improving their form.

I'd probably agree with you except that his coach probably has a fair idea as to what he offers..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Sounds like the extended squad will be 40 odd players. I cant imagine that Latu wouldn't be in the extended squad. Not sure the lengthy suspension changes much. His chance of actual selection will all come down to availability. If all of Moore, TPN, Hanson and Fainga'a are fit then Latu wont make it past the extended squad.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
I think Horne is playing so well that he needs to be in the 23, but I'd pick AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) due to his big game experience and to add more balance to the back 3....

whats your thought process for saying that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) brings more balance to the back 3 than Horne does?

Status
Not open for further replies.