• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

But this isn't the RWC squad.. who's to say Hanson and White won't be in that. It's for the first two matches. What's the point of adding a 3rd hooker and scrumhalf if they won't play next Saturday?

My point is they should be playing. That's great if he takes Hanson and White (or whoever else). Would be better if he tested them out before then. What if Hanson doesn't step up? Maybe Latu is actually a better option. Same with Faulkner. Perhaps Weeks is a better option.

The way he's picked the squad, we won't know until it's too late (The RWC).

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Meh, I'll support the jumper regardless of who's wearing it.

But given the current lack of rugby and the need to enage with something, I'll jump on the bitchwagon and add my $0.02. Toby Smith is the saviour of Wallaby scrums and his exclusion is an outrage! (Did I do it right?)

The fuck was Cheika thinking?

nick_

Allen Oxlade (6)
Reality is, even if there was an injury, any of those other blokes cut can get brought into the squad - hell, Chieka named 31 for his 30 man squad so he can do whatever he wants.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Beale v Lea is BS...

But totally expected.

Has someone got information that suggests that Beale is marked for 10/12? (Not 11/14?)

Or knowledge that Lea won't be in the next 31? Or a guarantee that Beale won't be cooling his heels at that point?

How do you know that Lea isn't being rested?

Cheika has held Foley/To'omua/Gitts/Beale?/Cooper. Only 2 get to run on. At 10/22 anyway.

Playing his cards very close at this stage. Hang in there guys, this going to be a rollicking ride.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Kurtley Beale, Will Genia and James Horwill are there on reputation not form. Hopefully Chieka can bring them up to form and quick.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
He seems like a quality man manager so I wouldn't bet against him squeezing a bit more zest out of the older blokes.

nick_

Allen Oxlade (6)
Kurtley Beale, Will Genia and James Horwill are there on reputation not form. Hopefully Chieka can bring them up to form and quick.

There is nothing wrong with picking on reputation... Especially if you have the confidence as a coach to play a game plan that suits them and help them to re-find form.

Status
Not open for further replies.