• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Potential means shit until you get to the level of top players at top level.

I've seen a heap of schoolboys with truckloads of the stuff (as we all have over the years). Unfortunately most seem to be dumptrucks . Hope this lad reaches his..

Also five years to international level is too long to wait for 'the answer'. We have several tightheads with international ability right now. They need good continuing development.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I have a question for the props of the forum. Why is it the dark arts when other countries do it, and cheating when we do?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Completely agree on Skelton's ability in destroying mauls. So so on his ability around the park, capable of being amazing, but he's a target in defence for laterally mobile backs. All in all I agree, he's in my starting pack.

I'm still not convinced in the scrum. I do think he's a liability, just a worthwhile one. Like the line out, it's about how we address the issue with other selections. Yes keep up the work in training, but that isn't going to doue his ability before RWC.

He has had his head up Kepu's arse for most of this season with nary an issue on his side from lack of weight at scrum time

As for the lineout, I still don't know why he isn't used more as a lifter, he could send a unit rather high with some practice

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Maybe Weeks can fill the gap between Kepu and Holmes before PAE comes back and Ala'alatoa is up to scratch, assuming those scenarios eventuate.

Who knoes though. A question for post world cup.

Possibly a question for post the next world cup. Kepu is 29. Barring a Robinson-esque injury, he's just entering the peak years for a scummaging prop.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Needed King Laurie as forwards coach... AUS rugby misses another opportunity... No longer term planning, we're is always worried about the head coach like the second coming the messiah and not the coaching managing team around him... WE really need a Wallabies manager planning and then a coach, to be a coach...

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
He has had his head up Kepu's arse for most of this season with nary an issue on his side from lack of weight at scrum time

As for the lineout, I still don't know why he isn't used more as a lifter, he could send a unit rather high with some practice
If the semi was a reflection on the rest of the season, Skelton spent more than half of the lineouts standing next to his five eight in the back line

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
So apparently Douglas is coming back to Oz but.........

Wallabies second-rower Kane Douglas will return from Ireland next week and will be put to work immediately by coach Michael Cheika with an eye to using him in the two Tests against the All Blacks.

It still has not been resolved if Douglas’ Irish club, Leinster, plans to release him or will seek compensation for letting him go, but it is certainly within Australia’s right to call him into a Wallabies camp under World Rugby’s regulation nine, which dictates that clubs must release players for international duty.

Even though he has asked for compassionate leave to be with his girlfriend when she gives birth to their first child in Brisbane, Irish Rugby Football Union’s high performance manager David Nucifora is playing hardball about a release.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/sport...aining-on-return/story-e6frg7o6-1227440528691

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Media beat up..

Love the headline 'Douglas to Return for All Blacks' but nowhere in the article is there any evidence from either Kane or Cheika that he is the frame for that. Only that he will be put into training straight away..but why wouldn't he be?

nick_

Allen Oxlade (6)
I have a question for the props of the forum. Why is it the dark arts when other countries do it, and cheating when we do?

Because perception is that we have neither a strong scrum or a winning scrum.

nb. they can be separate things...

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Haven't been able to find this yet, but does anyone have a link to the RWC fixtures in AUS times? Trying to plan with the neighbourhood what's going on but the local times would help.

Thx

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
So if Douglas comes back, how does that change the starting line-up? Surely a fit in form Douglas would pair Simmons in the second row for the line-out/scrum. Skelton to the bench with Hooper and a backrow of Pocock, Fardy and Palu?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So if Douglas comes back, how does that change the starting line-up? Surely a fit in form Douglas would pair Simmons in the second row for the line-out/scrum. Skelton to the bench with Hooper and a backrow of Pocock, Fardy and Palu?

IF, and it's a very big if for this coming period, Douglas ends up in the frame, that position would be the logical one in which to consider him, but I just can't see him getting there this year. I think it's more about next year for him, both at Super and then maybe Test level.

Status
Not open for further replies.