• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Does anyone have Wallaby flyhalf candidates' tackle completion rates for this year?

Only in Super Rugby - Cooper tackled at 90.3% in his 362 mins while Foley tackled at 72.5% in his 1360 min. To'omua was at the same percentage for about 750 minutes. Quade made more tackles per min than both of those guys as well. It really rubbishes the idea that Quade has to defend at fullback.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Only in Super Rugby - Cooper tackled at 90.3% in his 362 mins while Foley tackled at 72.5% in his 1360 min. To'omua was at the same percentage for about 750 minutes. Quade made more tackles per min than both of those guys as well. It really rubbishes the idea that Quade has to defend at fullback.

Got a link to the stats, Sword of Justice? I'd like to forage amongst them.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Does it matter when Cheika seems to prefer them defending out wide and deep?

I don't have an issue with trying to protect the playmaker.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Does it matter when Cheika seems to prefer them defending out wide and deep?

I don't have an issue with trying to protect the playmaker.

Yeah I don't defence is a major issue for Cooper or Foley. Although I do have a problem with them dropping back to fullback too often as they are easily targeted by the opposition with high-balls - it's worked quite often.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So states say Quade over To'omua.. What's your gut say.. Side note I think Quades a good defender..

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
So states say Quade over To'omua.. What's your gut say.. Side note I think Quades a good defender..

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

My gut says To'omua is the better tackler as he is dominate into contact but he does need to limit the times he rushes out of the line.

Foley needs to be more disciplined and Cooper is doing just fine.

Nothing is really a huge cause of concern as I expect improvements in those areas. I think all three players have shown they are adaptable and can improve in those areas.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
As above, it tells me if Cooper should focus on a technical and "attitude" part of his game, it would be the high ball before tackling. Not that different for Foley.

And as usual I doubt very much that Cheika, or more accurately Larkham, hasn't worked this out.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Way too much back talk here, who cares who plays in the backline, any of them will be better than our opposition players anyway. It's the pack where we'll win/lose the games.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
We have had two very good backs injured, but there are some who think better players are taking their place, Williams at fullback comes into the line very effectively, he is also very quick,
Davis or phillips at SH will do a job, as for the English Backs, I would ignore them at your peril

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Liam Williams is better than Halfpenny who IMO is the current most overrated player in world rugby. Not that he's poor but apart from an outstanding goal kicker he's only decent not exceptional like he's made out to be. Just doesn't break tackles and can be overpowered in defence. Webb is a massive loss and not replaced easily. I would love to see Genia own Philips again for the 100th time.

Status
Not open for further replies.