• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
They should be playing more games than anyone else given the massive pay packets they are on and they don't have the long domestic seasons..

Er, not so sure about that. The elite players in Europe are most likely on more money (a lot more by the sounds of it in some cases) and as Qwerty says, all the SH countries would be playing roughly the same amount of footy if you take away test matches.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Imagine the state of the ARU finances if they didn't play those extra games though. It's something like $2-3m a game isn't it?

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Could Marco Kotze play for Wallabies in 2016? The situation is so bad that it wouldn't be rare.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I believe ACTC was talking about what our blokes get paid compared to the All Blacks and Boks.

There is a rumour that one day some top Wallabies and All Blacks were talking about figures they get for Test match top-ups and match fees. The AB players' jaws hit the floor apparently.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would talk about their salary (a mistake I made as a young man).

But I reckon most of those ABs probably walked away knowing why they beat us: they're not entitled pricks.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
I believe ACTC was talking about what our blokes get paid compared to the All Blacks and Boks.

There is a rumour that one day some top Wallabies and All Blacks were talking about figures they get for Test match top-ups and match fees. The AB players' jaws hit the floor apparently.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would talk about their salary (a mistake I made as a young man).

But I reckon most of those ABs probably walked away knowing why they beat us: they're not entitled pricks.
Its not exactly secret. All blacks get $7,500nzd per test match. Wallabies get $10,000aud.

Springboks are about the same.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Er, not so sure about that. The elite players in Europe are most likely on more money (a lot more by the sounds of it in some cases) and as Qwerty says, all the SH countries would be playing roughly the same amount of footy if you take away test matches.

The European players club contracts are huge.. Whereas the ARU contracts ie top ups are big bikkies in comparison.

ACT Waterboy

Stan Wickham (3)
Rory Arnold is two games into his first super rugby season, thoughts? Certainly doesn't look out of place and should improve with some confidence, based on round 1 far more of an asset than Horwill!!

Coleman and Cotrell from the force are 2 other rookies looking good

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Rory Arnold is two games into his first super rugby season, thoughts? Certainly doesn't look out of place and should improve with some confidence, based on round 1 far more of an asset than Horwill!!

Coleman and Cotrell from the force are 2 other rookies looking good

Timani has been the new lock that has shown real talent, but as cheika said in his press conference, he knew he had the talent, but he has to be of that standard ever week

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Like the look of Arnold. Could be a smokey come Wallaby time if he keeps it up.

Love the look of Tamani. I think he would make a great bench option. Good impact and versatile.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
I think Timani will be a standout #8, however he might be 12 months away from Test level. His athleticism, physicality, stamina and ability to get over the line means he is shaping up very well.

Rory Arnold for me is developing nicely, as is Adam Coleman from the force. Luke Jones is also in and around it.

If Horwill gets picked, it would be a detriment to the squad's playing ability and I don't think he should be selected again.

Can Stephen Hoiles play lock?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Rory Arnold for me is developing nicely, as is Adam Coleman from the force. Luke Jones is also in and around it.
Noticed today that Adam Coleman has a similar problem getting his head properly into a scrum that Skelton had last year. He will need to address this just as Will seems to have done before he could seriously be considered a potential Wallaby.

T

TOCC

$1 AUD is paying $1.04 NZD. Cost of living issues?

Value of currency isn't cost of living....
yes they are related but there are many other variables which come into play when measuring the cost of living.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.