• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Backrow: Fardy, Hooper (c), Palu, Higginbotham, Hodgson, McCalman

Is anyone else seriously frustrated by Higgenbothams ability to meet his potential ??

Cliffy Palu has had his best year yet, he needs to repeat his off season to a t prior 2015. I really like Fardy, McCalman and Hodgson ; Tough, hard working but whilst Hooper is world Class and in current form Palu too I dont think these three are. Fair?unfair?

I think Fardy works better with our locks and other backrowers in terms of overall balance in the pack than Higginbotham currently.

Out of Higgers, Fardy and McCalman I think Higgers has delivered least as a Wallaby (albeit he hasn't really had that opportunity since 2012).

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I can't, even if I wanted to. @Gagger has written my personality traits into my contract.

I'm a one-dimensional character in the GAGR soap opera. Usually the first one killed off in a "who-dunnit" thread to get cheap ratings.
I see you as Newman in Seinfeld. In terms of your role, nothing else.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I think Fardy works better with our locks and other backrowers in terms of overall balance in the pack than Higginbotham currently.

Out of Higgers, Fardy and McCalman I think Higgers has delivered least as a Wallaby (albeit he hasn't really had that opportunity since 2012).
agree he has delivered fair less. Fardy has been far better working with less ability.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
But more beard...........

Scott+Fardy+yLeW_vnKvBsm.jpg

Scott_Higginbotham.jpg

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I'll give you Elsom, but Vickerman was one of our best forwards in 2011 upon his return. His body was completely crocked but he absolutely delivered.

I was talking about 2015 and given the fact that Hunt and JOC (James O'Connor) will start the year in Australia playing Super Rugby just like everyone else, why can't they be discussed?

It's a completely different situation to Elsom and Vickerman coming in part way through the year.

Yeah I did miss the RWC component, but still any thoughts of those two is sans recent form and future fitness, while the others are discussed using projected fitness/form being shown this year.

The argument holds and indeed Elsom and Vickerman were being discussed in just that fashion in 2010 even though Vickerman hadn't played pro-rugby for what 2 years? I won't rehash the arguments surrounding V'Man and actual performance.

I do understand your point and welcome any increase in top line playing depth for the Super sides, but cannot accept any mention of players being in consideration without recent Super Rugby form and fitness as a starting point.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Backrow: Fardy, Hooper (c), Palu, Higginbotham, Hodgson, McCalman

Is anyone else seriously frustrated by Higgenbothams ability to meet his potential ??

Cliffy Palu has had his best year yet, he needs to repeat his off season to a t prior 2015. I really like Fardy, McCalman and Hodgson ; Tough, hard working but whilst Hooper is world Class and in current form Palu too I dont think these three are. Fair?unfair?

Fardy is one of the few Wallabies this side of a Bledisloe win who would be a serious contender for a spot in a world 15. Hopefully, after the RC/Bledisloe campaign this year we'll have a few more.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Reckon Fardy is in the running? I figure he might be in the 32-man squad with Hooper, To'omua and Moore (if fit), but Izzy would likely be the sole Aussie flying the flag in the starting XV right now.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Our World class players are in my opinion

Moore
Hooper
To'omua
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Folau

wouldnt put Fardy in that category at the moment, Liam Messam & Marcell Coetzee are better as well as those mentioned above

T

Train Without a Station

Our World class players are in my opinion

Moore
Hooper
To'omua
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Folau

wouldnt put Fardy in that category at the moment, Liam Messam & Marcell Coetzee are better as well as those mentioned above

Coetzee plays openside.

T

Train Without a Station

Burger was an openside too. But I admit he is built closer to an aus 6

Status
Not open for further replies.