• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I thought Cooper looked very good in 9/10 of the game , especially considering at times he had nobody providing options outside of him. Also kicked very well and found turf often.

That other 1/10 being handling. Hold the fucking ball fluffybunny!
He played ok but lets not forget he cost the Fardy try with indecision and got bumped for the Tomane try (not his fault but still) and lost it over the line. Albit in a strong tackle but he shpuld have scored..To'omua had just a good as game.. Tomane had a bumper game but he throw some dumb passes and dropped it cold a couple of times.

We would be crucified in a test match for the above mistakes.. not to mention Cooper got up after butchering the try and throw the ball/something right at Tomane, looked like a goose when it was no try.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hard to compare efforts between the 10's last night as they were given completely different service by their piggies, but IMHO To'omua seemed to play a more composed and controlling game than QC (Quade Cooper).

QC (Quade Cooper) operating behind a poorly performing pack, and with outside backs who seemed to have met each other for the first time in the change rooms just before the game, seemed to revert to the one phase miracle play methodology in order to try to crack the Ponies defence. That will be severely punished in Test matches. Hopefully the Wobs backline performs better than the Reds did last night.

To'omua on the other hand seemed to play a more steady as she goes, let's just build pressure by doing simple things well type of game. This seems to be more of what Link is trying to achieve in Club Wallaby.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Guys,

We’re a group of 8 heading down to Melbourne for the Test vs France. My thirsty chums and are looking for a rugby lunch to attend earlier that day. It doesn’t have to be a schmick one and we’d be happy to attend one at a clubhouse or similar.
Anyone know of any lunches on that day?

T

Train Without a Station

Hard to compare efforts between the 10's last night as they were given completely different service by their piggies, but IMHO To'omua seemed to play a more composed and controlling game than QC (Quade Cooper).

Beyond looking for offloads when he really didn't need to, I don't know about miracle plays really. He often took the conservative smart option kicking it into touch deep when the turf was available.

But it is much easier to play more conservative and controlled when you aren't chasing a game, isn't it?

Fucking ball security though. When Quade gets into camp I hope link duct tapes a pills to both of his fucking hands.

I don't buy into this bullshit "oh you can't make those mistakes in tests you'll get punished". Last night was evidence you get punished just as easy in super rugby. That try to Fardy could have been the difference.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
White is well ahead of genia atm, Will behind a beaten forward pack but just doesnt seem to take the right options and looks nowhere near as sharp as he has been. atm the pecking order is white then phipps then genia

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Its always one excuse after another re QC (Quade Cooper)'s performances (not from him - but posters herein.

To'omua must be the No 1, 10 in Australia and by a long way
I'd also pick White over Genia

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
White is well ahead of genia atm, Will behind a beaten forward pack but just doesnt seem to take the right options and looks nowhere near as sharp as he has been. atm the pecking order is white then phipps then genia

White is #1 because of his long kicking game.

Budgie

Chris McKivat (8)
To'omua was solid but unspectacular. I don't think he did enough to push Cooper out of the starting #10 jumper for the wallabies.

T

Train Without a Station

To'omua has been playing very well.

Though my personal view is that I haven't seen anything of him to indicate he will be integral in engineering wins when we are not able to get on top up front.

With his boot, defence, passing and extremely hard running him and Quade will form an even stronger combination this year I feel at 10 and 12.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I just can't see To'omua being the starting 10, although I think he is a more than capable 10, but I think he is the perfect foil at 12 for Cooper. Now if Cooper was injured, then yes. To'omua at 12 - can kick, can hit hard in defence, can make a play, can put a guy in a hole. Perfect.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
If Quade happens to cop an injury I reckon it'd be better to find another 10 and leave To'omua at 12. Matt was a revelation at IC last year, let's leave him there to develop into something special for next year's RWC.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Joe Tomane had his first decent game of the season, he can again be added to the watch list
I think they key word there is decent a lot of people getting carried away with his game last night in the match thread he was good but that's was it nothing special about his game just very solid with a good try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think they key word there is decent a lot of people getting carried away with his game last night in the match thread he was good but that's was it nothing special about his game just very solid with a good try.

If he hadnt thrown some dumb passes and dropped the pill he would have been awesome. He did bump off players left and right saved a try over the line and score obe CFS nusta had some nightmares later as Tomane went through him and around him number of times

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
If he hadnt thrown some dumb passes and dropped the pill he would have been awesome. He did bump off players left and right saved a try over the line and score obe CFS nusta had some nightmares later as Tomane went through him and around him number of times

Yeah I had a read through the match thread before I watched the game thought I would see this awesome game where he dominated the game.....just finished watching it and as I said was a good game but nothing special.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah I had a read through the match thread before I watched the game thought I would see this awesome game where he dominated the game...just finished watching it and as I said was a good game but nothing special.

His on the Improve after his early injury. Just needs to cut down the error rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.