• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Fair enough. But McCabe is playing on the wing so his form this year is hardly comparable to when he was playing 12, since he is not being put in the same situations on field as he was at 12.
McCabe played 12 for the Brumbies for about 7 weeks and probably been the form 12 in oz unlucky to be dropped for leo to be honest.. so I don't see that as true..

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I think this falls under the radar of Wallaby Watch 2014 but does any1 with some knowledge of the Aus 20's know if there are any potential TH props for RWC 2019? Maybe Dan Palmer has a little brother running around:eek:. Worthwhile in pumping some energy into them if there is, or do we need to go on a recon mission to argentina to find the next Pato Noriega
PAE has shown quite a bit of improvement this year. Looks very solid come scrum time. That kid Alalaatoa (sp?) looks like he's got a bit about him as well.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think this falls under the radar of Wallaby Watch 2014 but does any1 with some knowledge of the Aus 20's know if there are any potential TH props for RWC 2019? Maybe Dan Palmer has a little brother running around:eek:. Worthwhile in pumping some energy into them if there is, or do we need to go on a recon mission to argentina to find the next Pato Noriega

2013 U-20s tighthead prop Oliver Hoskins

Oliver%20Hoskins_200x229.jpg

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
PAE, Hoskins and AA should hopefully be good by then for you.

PAE in particular will be hitting 27, perfect timing for a Tightness prop. Hoskins will be ... 24/25ish? AA a year or so younger.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
PAE was a pretty dominant scrummaging prop in the U20s, still hoping he will kick on to be a rock at Test level.

If that fails, we could always see if Dan Palmer can be lured back from Grenoble.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
PAE was a pretty dominant scrummaging prop in the U20s, still hoping he will kick on to be a rock at Test level.

If that fails, we could always see if Dan Palmer can be lured back from Grenoble.
Matt Dunnings looking fit these days...

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I've watched Allan Ala'alatoa play rugby since he was about six (he played up with his brother, Michael, in the same team as my son) and I always reckoned he'd make it as an adult. In fact, I predicted he'd end up a better rugby player than his brother. BUT, the kid's only 20, far too early to be speaking about test rugby for a THP. Allan has to grab a starting spot at the Ponies before he's measured up for a gold jumper.

Another fine product of the Wests Junior Rugby prop factory, as is this week's test debutant, Laurie Weeks.

Reactions: Tex

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I've watched Allan Ala'alatoa play rugby since he was about six (he played up with his brother, Michael, in the same team as my son) and I always reckoned he'd make it as an adult. In fact, I predicted he'd end up a better rugby player than his brother. BUT, the kid's only 20, far too early to be speaking about test rugby for a THP. Allan has to grab a starting spot at the Ponies before he's measured up for a gold jumper.

Another fine product of the Wests Junior Rugby prop factory, as is this week's test debutant, Laurie Weeks.

Nah must be the breeding whilst Vili and brothers Brian, Leo, were at Manly;)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
There is no need for your passive aggressive comment at the end there. You could be right but at the time I saw it differently. As I'm sure many other did, even the commentators mentioned it at the time. I think it was Matt Burke and he is no slouch when it comes to rugby.

Sorry, I'll try to be lose the "passive" in future.

As for Burkey and Stirlo - ex-players as commentators are like ex-players as coaches. Particularly when they have to call something in a split second. Looking at the tape again yesterday, if the fullback had been drawn, the winger would have been in a position to intercept the ball or interfere with the pass.

Then of course, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) would take the option of going to ground with the pill, and all the naysayers would get ready to whip the dead horse again.

"Why didn't he pass it earlier? Honey Badger had a clear run!"

And on and on it goes.

Massivecall on CFS there. High chance of ending up with egg on your face.

Pace, skill, size, but the hamstrings of a shorter man. Wonder what the long term plan at the Reds is for his recovery?

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Pace, skill, size, but the hamstrings of a shorter man. Wonder what the long term plan at the Reds is for his recovery?

I hear the european cyclists have some great recovery methods.

Maybe a tactical offseason of 'altitude' training is on the cards.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Enough with CFS circlejerk ffs.

He's a talented kid, one of fucking hundreds in the country, and is more fragile than Palu!

Can we start making plans that he's a part of AFTER he strings more then 34 minutes of rugby together and ACTUALLY play's well, rather than one or two flashy moments that don't really come to anything?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Urgh I am so sick of Palu's injuries. The poor bloke is made of glass.

Reckon he needs to see a new physio. Maybe worth bringing Dan Palmer back from Grenoble?

Ha ha. Never thought I'd see you have a negative comment on Cliffy. To be truthful, this was shaping as one of Palu's best years playing-wise but he doesn't seem to be able to avoid injury. BTW who is this Dan Palmer person?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Interesting stat.

Luke Jones is the only 'current Wallaby' who was on the field at ANZ Stadium when the Wallabies last won the Bledisloe in 2002.
You're one-up on Gordon Bray. :cool:

Was Link an assistant coach for the Wobs back then as well?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Interesting stat.

Luke Jones is the only 'current Wallaby' who was on the field at ANZ Stadium when the Wallabies last won the Bledisloe in 2002.
Feeling good about this young crop coming through, superstitious, so like those stats

deL

Stan Wickham (3)
Interesting stat.

I think he was about effective last night as he was back then

Status
Not open for further replies.