• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaroos-Black Ferns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I arrived at the game to watch the last 20 minutes - I thought Wallaroos showed some ticker and on the improve with what I saw....certainly more competitive and can only get better from here.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
Watched most of this. Aussie's seems to be light years behind the BlackFerns in skill level.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
There is a gap for sure - but gap closed a little imo compared to say 2 years ago. Problem is Kiwi's have invested more heavily in womens rugby and now also at risk of surging further ahead given their top girls will be paid. Efforts to start to address this with for the first time the girls playing for Wallaroos receiving match day payment of $1,000, but still long way behind the kiwi's as RA just don't have the financial resources the NZRU have behind them.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
As I mentioned on the Bledisloe 2 thread, tix for Saturday went on sale this morning & it was a sellout by lunchtime. Almost always is but I don't remember it happening so fast for some years & maybe the first half of the doubleheader has something to do with that. If so it's great news.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
Having said that the blackferns are dominating.

It would appear that just like the men’s game making a mistake against a team in Black is fatal.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
Would be interesting to see the territory stats for this game. Aside from the period where the aussies scored the entire first half has been played between the Aussie 10m line and goal line.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
5 penalties in a row results in an Aussie being sent to have a ten minute trip to the thinking corner

Status
Not open for further replies.