• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Eek! When you hover over the URL the link is abbreviated to look like Jono Jenkins suffers long term injury.

I was getting worried that we'd lost another player on the flight home.

I really hope we get some encouraging news out of Elsom, Pakelani and Mitchell in the not so distant future.

Sorry didn't mean to alarm you.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
so now the tahs have 2 contracted opensides who play very different games. One is a hard nosed hard tackling ruck clearing type, the other a hard running ball carrying link man type. If I were coach I would be alternating these 2 guys depending on the game plan and opposition. Any money though that Axel will just stick to Alcock starts, Jenkins on the bench, swap at 60 minutes.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It would actually make a fair bit of sense to play them the other way around.

Alcock is far more likely to take advantage of tired defence late in a game. His broken field ball running is surely his biggest attribute.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
so now the tahs have 2 contracted opensides who play very different games. One is a hard nosed hard tackling ruck clearing type, the other a hard running ball carrying link man type. If I were coach I would be alternating these 2 guys depending on the game plan and opposition. Any money though that Axel will just stick to Alcock starts, Jenkins on the bench, swap at 60 minutes.

This week, with Pocock at 7 for the Force I would play Jenkins with Alcock on the bench. We need someone who is on the ball protecting possession from the world's new master poacher.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
M foley was quoted in the news tonight saying there would be widespread changes for this weeks game. Who else is there?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
M foley was quoted in the news tonight saying there would be widespread changes for this weeks game. Who else is there?

Widespread changes? This is a little concerning, hope they don't take the Force too lightly. There's probably a need to start rotating Mumm, Douglas and Dennis who haven't gone off yet. I thought the injury we sustained was Cutch? Jenkins was very good when he came on so that's encouraging.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Widespread changes? This is a little concerning, hope they don't take the Force too lightly. There's probably a need to start rotating Mumm, Douglas and Dennis who haven't gone off yet. I thought the injury we sustained was Cutch? Jenkins was very good when he came on so that's encouraging.
I'd rotate Mumm to the Seychelles comp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
1, ryan, 2, ulugia, 3, kepu, 4, dennis, 5, S timani, 6, jenkins, 7, alcock, 8, L timani, 9, Mckibben, 10 Foley, 11, Mitchell, 12, Carter, 13, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), 14, Kingston, 15, Barnes

Widespread changes!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Wow! That is plenty of changes. Let's hope those guys can do the job so we don't have to empty our bench too early and/or risk stuffing up a must win game.

Presumably the bench will be Robinson, TPN, Mumm, Douglas, Pretorius, Halangahu, Horne.

Fantastic to see Shmoo back. I have to say I'm surprised. I thought it was still weeks away if at all.

Edit: Is that the actual team or have you just speculated on a team that includes widespread changes?

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Wow! That is plenty of changes. Let's hope those guys can do the job so we don't have to empty our bench too early and/or risk stuffing up a must win game.

Presumably the bench will be Robinson, TPN, Mumm, Douglas, Pretorius, Halangahu, Horne.

Fantastic to see Shmoo back. I have to say I'm surprised. I thought it was still weeks away if at all.

Edit: Is that the actual team or have you just speculated on a team that includes widespread changes?

I think there was a fair degree of wishfull thinking on RSA'a part.....

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
:) the latter of course.

actually a new article today in the herald is saying Foley is resisting widespread changes to show faith in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.