• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
I don't get it. I think Rocky is a great player and I expect he'll be a fantastic Super Rugby player again now that he seems to have overcome his injury worries.

With Dennis and Mumm covering 6 and Vickerman, Douglas, Timani, and Mumm covering 4/5, why do we need Elsom.

Maybe Foley is trying to recruit a Captain to replace Mumm rather than a specific player.

Maybe they think that with Palu and Elsom in the same back row it would be best to have more than adequate cover, because the odds of them both making it through the season without at least some period out with injury are pretty high.

On that I thought Dennis performed really well at 8 at the back end of the season, and Timani could also cover 8 as a wild card.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Maybe they think that with Palu and Elsom in the same back row it would be best to have more than adequate cover, because the odds of them both making it through the season without at least some period out with injury are pretty high.

On that I thought Dennis performed really well at 8 at the back end of the season, and Timani could also cover 8 as a wild card.

I agree with this. You don't need to have half the injury woes we had this year and we could still be in trouble with just Alcock, McCutcheon, Dennis, Palu, Perrett and Mumm. There's no Mowen or McCaffrey to cover, they're gone. Not sure Perrett is signed either.

I have a feeling that Elsom and Foley have some similarities in personality, so if Rocky is made captain I think they would work well together.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Whoever is in charge of the website needs a big kick up the bum. Opened it up today to find info on the Tahs Super draw (nothing there) and front and centre on the page was a reference to today's featured player - Locky McCaffrey. Great, except he's now signed for the Force!!

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Yeah the Tahs website isn't the best. Not a lot of updating during the Super Rugby season so no surprises it doesn't get much love in the off season. Can't see much promotion about 2012 memberships going on sale on 8 September either...compare that to the Reds which have had their 2012 memberships on sale for a week or two. One of the best sporting team websites is for the Sydney Swans which is updated regularly with articles and video.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Sydney Morning Herald - In an Q & A with Tahs coach Michael Foley today:

Question: Which positions are still needing to be filled, and do you have room in the salary cap to accommodate a big-name signing or two?

Answer: We have three positions left to fill. Prop, back row and one back-line position are open.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
The return of Dunning is close at hnd, they better have a press conference and not treat it like just another guy.

Rocky and SBW to round it out.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Dunning was unable to play now and French Top 14 has already started. He'll be fit well before the Super Rugby season starts in February next year.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Why would you get dunning back if he is unable to pass a medical?

Why not develop a new prop?

We are developing new props, I just want dunning to get a start cos h is on 99 caps, been a big fan, he plays both sides and is easily worth another 5000 bums on seats with his passing game

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
An over the hill prop with a serious spinal injury who has been told he is unfit to play rugby unless he has surgery and even then how do you know if he will recover?

This seasons injuries were bad luck, but when you sign players like this you are asking for trouble next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.