• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

is that really true? surely that has to be a rule no one adheres to. a coach should be part of any contract negotiation in my opinion, they dont control the purse strings, but there not saying the coach should excuse himself from the table if money comes up.

i haven't seen the details of the RUPA agreement renegotiated in 2008, but in the preceding agreements it was definitely one of the clauses..

I guess with the Salary Cap coming in this might change.

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Losing is ugly, winning is not. Super rugby throws up some slight variations on that theme as there are ways of getting competition points for scoring tries, whether you lose or not.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Is Tim Bennetts likely to get a contract with the 'tahs next year (one of the rookie ones)? Watching him play for Eastwood in the Shute Shield he looks a class above that level.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Is Tim Bennetts likely to get a contract with the 'tahs next year (one of the rookie ones)? Watching him play for Eastwood in the Shute Shield he looks a class above that level.

He's already on one. Its on the Tah site. He's got the same status as Chris Alcock, Greg Peterson, Sitaleki Timani and John Ulugia.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Pat O'Connor linked with a move to Agen, according to today's Midi Olympique.

So that's Timani, O'Connor and Jowitt out next year. Lee, please tell me Peterson will be ready to step up next year, things are getting desperate. Vickerman a proven but ageing performer, Mumm who has never quite made it and Douglas with second year syndrome.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Hawko, where's T-Money off to?

Saw a newspaper article about a month ago saying he was off to Japan. He's mid-20's now so should be in his prime and I was disappointed as I thought he was starting to really come good. Lee mentioned about a week ago that it was to support his family (obviously not on a great contract this season) so good for him, but maybe not so good for Tah lock depth.

Reactions: DPK

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
What kind of contract is Sills on? Thought he looked really good on the weekend for Randwick. He's small but insanely fast and has very good feet.

According to the Tahs site he's not in the training squad. Is he with another franchise (Brumbies)?

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
He's not even in the Oz Sevens squad for that matter...he had a blinder of a tournament in London last year.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Oh he might not even be with the Tahs then, I thought I remember him in the academy or something but come to think of it he might be with the Brumbies

Status
Not open for further replies.