• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

oh no of course there is, just pointing out it is most definatly western sydney. TOCC seems to think it isnt..

Carlingford is on the eastern boundary of Parramatta, likewise it also sits on the western boundary of the Northern Suburbs.. Eastwood is closer to Carlingford then Parramatta is..

If the NSWRU really wanted to make the camp accessible to the juniors of western sydney, they would have at least held it somewhere like Parramatta proper or even further south to Cabramatta or west to Mt Druitt.

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
My boy went to this and the participating Tah's came directly from a training session at Kings and only just made it by 5:30pm. If they did a similar thing in say Penrith, the entire squad would need have a full training run somewhere out there, I would imagine.
Was very good for the kids though....

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Carlingford is on the eastern boundary of Parramatta, likewise it also sits on the western boundary of the Northern Suburbs.. Eastwood is closer to Carlingford then Parramatta is..

If the NSWRU really wanted to make the camp accessible to the juniors of western sydney, they would have at least held it somewhere like Parramatta proper or even further south to Cabramatta or west to Mt Druitt.

jeez 10 mins isnt really a big difference in the greater scheme of things. eastwood is still part of of the juniors western zone, western sydney is a big place, cant please everyone. Following your logic they shouldnt hold it at cabra because its too close to the south besides the fact there isnt even a junior team there. Same with mt druitt no junior team, although you were closer this time at least rooty hill and blacktown are close...

Either they held it there because thats where the majority of the clubs/highest number of participants are or alternativly they may look at holding another one further out west in the future...

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Have a few weeks coming off work coming up, I know some of the guys here watch the Tahs train occasionally. Is it ok just to turn up and have look? Where exactly in Moore Park are the training pitches?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Have a few weeks coming off work coming up, I know some of the guys here watch the Tahs train occasionally. Is it ok just to turn up and have look? Where exactly in Moore Park are the training pitches?

They sometimes train at Bus Loop Oval (that is the field opposite the SCG between Driver Avenue and Anzac Parade).

A lot of the training sessions are in Victoria Barracks which is private and you need to be invited to attend.

Lee Grant watches them train a fair bit and might have a bit of an idea when they're likely to be at Bus Loop Oval when anyone can watch.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
They sometimes train at Bus Loop Oval (that is the field opposite the SCG between Driver Avenue and Anzac Parade).

A lot of the training sessions are in Victoria Barracks which is private and you need to be invited to attend.

Lee Grant watches them train a fair bit and might have a bit of an idea when they're likely to be at Bus Loop Oval when anyone can watch.

Thanks for that, hopefully Lee can help. I'll probably just give the Tahs office in Moore Park a ring next week to see if they can give me some info.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
This says it all really, Carlingford is 'western sydney' as far as NSWRU is concerned

As someone who grew up in carlingford I can attest that it is part of the Two Blues catchment and Parramatta is about 5km away

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Thanks for that, hopefully Lee can help. I'll probably just give the Tahs office in Moore Park a ring next week to see if they can give me some info.

With the renewed focus on engagement with the fans, the training session times at the Bus Loop/Lakeside Oval should be posted on the Tahs website with an open invitation for people to come and have a look.

It's an open oval so passers by can already hang around to watch so inviting the fans along shouldn't make much difference.

T

TOCC

jeez 10 mins isnt really a big difference in the greater scheme of things. eastwood is still part of of the juniors western zone, western sydney is a big place, cant please everyone. Following your logic they shouldnt hold it at cabra because its too close to the south besides the fact there isnt even a junior team there. Same with mt druitt no junior team, although you were closer this time at least rooty hill and blacktown are close.

Ironically this is actually my point, there are no junior teams in large catchments and thus Carlingford is what the NSRWU considers as Western Sydney....

Do you actually believe that Carlingford is the best locality to serve a junior camp for the 1.9million people who live in the greater western sydney region?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I think people are getting too caught up about where they put on something for the kids.
The fact is this is the first of many.
If in a years time, and they have had multiple clinics in the private School belt.and totally neglected the outer west, then they should be criticised. But not yet, give them a chance.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Ironically this is actually my point, there are no junior teams in large catchments and thus Carlingford is what the NSRWU considers as Western Sydney..

Do you actually believe that Carlingford is the best locality to serve a junior camp for the 1.9million people who live in the greater western sydney region?

unfortunatly its not a very good point, the places you mentioned may not specifically have teams in that suburb but they have teams within close proximity, not every suburb can have their own team. But it is western sydney?? other people have also said it, its 10mins from parra which is know as the "cbd" of the west and is also part of the sjru western zone.
I honestly dont know but its a better place to hold it than the two you suggested. And dont be so dramatic no junior camp is going to serve the needs of 1.9 million people. Youd be bloody lucky if even half that number knew what rugby was, let alone actually liked it, let alone have kids of the right age to be part of the camp...

T

TOCC

no junior camp is going to serve the needs of 1.9 million people. Youd be bloody lucky if even half that number knew what rugby was, let alone actually liked it.

Once again this is actually my point :/

NSWRU/ARU are really doing well for themselves, if only we had a well known player with a large profile in the western suburbs who could relate to some of the non-rugby union juniors and fans in the region..

Anyway this is probably relevant to another thread..

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Once again this is actually my point :/

NSWRU/ARU are really doing well for themselves, if only we had a well known player with a large profile in the western suburbs who could relate to some of the non-rugby union juniors and fans in the region..

Anyway this is probably relevant to another thread..

the way you express your points is very confusing, but yes probably not the right place to continue...

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
As someone who grew up in carlingford I can attest that it is part of the Two Blues catchment and Parramatta is about 5km away

I think North Rocks JRFC is part of Eastwood junior now though. I went to a mini's gala day at The Hills last season and was surprised to learn that Hills was a Parramatta club, but that North Rocks was affiliated with Eastwood. I'm not sure if North Rocks was once affiliated with Parramatta and have changed at some time in the past 30 years or not.

I assume that the original point being made was that the 4 clinics were a great initiative, but in 2013 there is a lot of Sydney west of Carlingford and it might have been nice to have somthing out there. I know that Penrith JRU have a club at Rooty Hill.

My view would be that the Waratahs should be commended for the initiative in taking themselves to junior clubs, but as a constructive observation, they could look at an additional one further west.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Does anyone have an update of Fitzpatrick? Someone said something about maybe putting the jersey back on this year?

What's the team going to look like from now?

1. Tilse
2. Ulugia
3. Ryan
4. Douglas
5. Chapman
6. Holloway
7. McCutcheon
8. Timani
9. McKibbin
10. Foley
11. Mitchell
12. Carter