• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Ye of little faith.

You think Chariots has been happy sitting in the wings all season? He'll be pissed and ready to do the proverbial Van Humphies to anyone who dares block his path. Picture the chariot that slices the guy in half in Gladiator, now with more blood and fury.

Kingston has been toted as a 13 in the making from when he first came on the scene. He'll be itching to try to show Cheika that he's got what it takes to replace AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

Crawford is more suited to fullback to help with those clearing kicks of his and adds more balance to the back three.

Mitchell will be out to prove that he's still got the goods after getting passed over by the Honey Badger for the Wallabies. Expect a return to form for Bumtatt, back to the form he showed before Higginbotham taught him that high level yoga position.

Douglas will prove what we all know, he should have been picked in the first 25.

The fron't row are still solid as balls, I'm loving Ryan's running game and Ulugia will improve our lineout throwing.

Foley is on a tear and continues to get better and better.

Betham is starting to show that ITM cup form he had last year, seriously how good was that try last week? He had less room that a Japanese studio apartment and still found the line with barely a hand laid on him.

Have we forgotten the potential that Volavololololololola has shown this year? He'll be ready to prove that he deserves a spot in the starting side.

I could go on. My point is we've still got some cracking players and a coach who won't expect a drop in standard from the boys. We'll take this competition by the balls and run with it yet, and even if we don't manage to get into the finals (due to other team results - cause we'll win the rest of our games) we'll have sent a message. A message to all other teams in Super Rugby that the Tahs are back and that the Reds can get fucked (okay, maybe not that last bit but it's what we're all thinking).
priceless...do you have a book of nicknames next to you?.....less room than a Japanese studio apartment:D ....love it

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Yeah I guess the Tahs v Lions team will look like

1 Tilse
2 Ulugia
3 Ryan
4 Douglas\Skelton
5 Holloway\Atkins
6 Chapman
7 McCucheon
8 Timani
9 McKibbon
10 Foley
11 Mitchell
12 Volavola
13 Kingston
14 Betham
15 Crawford

Cosmo Jones

Allen Oxlade (6)

1 Tilse
2 Ulugia
3 Ryan
4 Douglas\Skelton
5 Holloway\Atkins
6 Chapman
7 McCucheon
8 Timani
9 McKibbon
10 Foley
11 Mitchell
12 Volavola
13 Kingston
14 Betham
15 Crawford

Yea i think Crawfords kicking game will have him at 15, might see mitchell at 13 and kingston on the wing?

Try-ranosaurus Rex

Darby Loudon (17)

1 Tilse
2 Ulugia
3 Ryan
4 Douglas\Skelton
5 Holloway\Atkins
6 Chapman
7 McCucheon
8 Timani
9 McKibbon
10 Foley
11 Mitchell
12 Volavola
13 Kingston
14 Betham
15 Crawford

I think we're more likely to see Chariots Carter at 12 than Volavola.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think Douglas will be with the Wallabies and we'll get a chance to watch Skelton start.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I'd pay to go and watch fatprop's side take on the Lions. That's a handy team, they'd probably have the edge on the BIL dirt-trackers for combinations, and half a dozen have spent time in the Wallaby setup.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Carter will play a part for sure, I would just like to see them have a crack and move it around and attack.

That equates to Carter on the bench.

Chariots could very well fill the void left at 13. Last year and early this year he looked more diverse in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.