• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

Either way he would be top 5 in the world for his position, so I'm sure he would fit into any squad nicely.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
here's one for the marquee spot and a backrower, Jamie Heaslip. Link back up with Cheika, he's achieved just about everything in the game, Six Nations, Heineken, Pro12 so why not add Super rugby.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
here's one for the marquee spot and a backrower, Jamie Heaslip. Link back up with Cheika, he's achieved just about everything in the game, Six Nations, Heineken, Pro12 so why not add Super rugby.
Ahead of Johnny Wilkinson - assuming he doesn't get picked for the Lions?
We need someone in both positions - IMO.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I've been told the Tahs no longer have the funds for a marquee player, or at least a marquee player of note. Cheika must have drained the coffers

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yep Tahs and Racing are both my teams. but talking about Hernandez I'm not too sure he could succeed in Super Rugby
He is a pretty "boring" fly half, good for the slow games of Top 14

On paper I suppose he is kick heavy but his kicks are well weighted, they often lead to competition for the ball that can be exciting in itself. A lot of our kicks merely lead to the ball beings as far away from our touchline as possible.

I suppose "boring" will always be in the eyes of the beholder.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
When's Kurtley's contract up with Rebels...would be good to bring him back. Can Matt Lucas play 10?..keep forgetting we got him now. He's quite tidy but he's a half back of which we seem to have a glut.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
guess he can...extract from smh..
Harris praised Uni's pack, led by Reds hooker James Hanson and lock Tim Buchanan, who expertly negated the big Dragons forwards from the outset.
"We got off to a flyer," he said. "They have a big pack so we tried to move them around and we did that successfully.
"The forwards definitely set the platform and when you have good go-forward ball and good pill and great players outside you it's a bit of a breeze.
"I'm just really happy with the premiership, it's not often we can play club rugby so to win a grand final, I'm just stoked."
Waratahs signing and Australian U20 halfback Matt Lucas was the Dragons' best player and also shone at five-eighth in the second half.
But the biggest smiles from Sunnybank fans came at halftime when one of their flock streaked from one end of Ballymore to the other and jumped the fence to get away scot free.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Lucas was a puzzling signing wasn't he?
It seems we are over represented with 9's.There is no shortage of talented 9's in the SS as well.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Lucas is our third halfback and is in the EPS.

That seems like the right number to me. Two in the main squad and one in EPS.

The EPS halfback is only one injury away from being in the matchday 22. You have to have three halfbacks.
true now, but at the time we also had Super Sarel. Whether the tahs management knew he would be released or not we can only guess at

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
They certainly knew that they were trying to organise with the Cheetahs for him to go back to South Africa.

Whilst it could have fallen through, it was certainly the aim at the time and involved three willing parties.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
They certainly knew that they were trying to organise with the Cheetahs for him to go back to South Africa.

Whilst it could have fallen through, it was certainly the aim at the time and involved three willing parties.
So we are to conduct ourselves as if Pretorious never darkened our door?
You need a thick hide to be a professional sportsman!

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Lucas was a puzzling signing wasn't he? It seems we are over represented with 9s.There is no shortage of talented 9s in the SS as well.

Couldn't disagree more, Iltw, we don't have enough 9s, not nearly enough. Who're these talented halfbacks from the Shute Shield? C'mon, Cheika, sign 'em up before some other bastard does.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
Would be a Johnny Howard type comeback for Betham if he were to make it at this level. Lots of talent, dreadful attitiude, thinks tackle is something on the end of a fishing line.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Lucas was a puzzling signing wasn't he?
It seems we are over represented with 9's.There is no shortage of talented 9's in the SS as well.

Picking the best U20s 9 for the EPS slot is not a dumb approach.

Wessells (aus schools last year?) maybe an up and comer but he didn't play much this year.

No shortage in the SS? mmm, which young up and comer would you rate higher?

Status
Not open for further replies.