• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Seem to recall that Jim Williams played as a winger when he first came to the Brumbies before shifting to the back row. Not sure if he'd always played on the wing prior to coming to the Brums or was just shifted there in the hope that he'd become a Lomu-esque giant winger that could run over the top of people
Winger for Rats if I recall

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Jim played centres in QLD (alongside Nathan Grey) before moving to Sydney. Not sure when exactly he made the move to the backrow

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
<Grammar Pedant alert>

I wouldn't have thought that there was much call for gigantic f**king units on the rugby field.

On the other hand, f**king gigantic units are desired by many Rugby Coaches, and I think Big Jim fell into this latter group more than the former.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Social media fail from the Tahs on facebook.

Cheer on the Qantas Wallabiesallabies alongside Matt Carraro, Kane Douglas, Tala Gray, Michael Hodge, Jono Lance and Tolu Latu!

Join the boys at our official pub partner P.J. Gallagher's, EQ this Saturday evening. The boys will be there from 6.30pm, meeting fans and signing jerseys before the Test action starts. Plus you could win a double pass to the Waratahs v Hurricanes on July 6. Check out our event page at http://on.fb.me/1nkMb95 or visit the pub's website: www.pjseq.com.au.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xap1/t1.0-9/10455857_10152260898967144_6465851757770045000_n.jpg

So yeah... not only did they miss the fact that the test kicks off at 3pm, you can win tickets to a game that doesn't exist. We play the Highlanders on July 6.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hmm even if they meant 3pm that's gunna be tough. All of those guys are playing Shute Shield rugby at 1pm or 1:25pm all over Sydney.

The Easts boys are out at Pittwater at 7pm, no beers for them.

Did the intern even consult the players for this one?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Yeah,but can they apply it?
Let's see if Simmons can replicate Skeltons technique for moving bodies,when he goes back to the Reds.
He should have it down pat,Skelton did demonstrate it quite a few times for him today.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
My only criticism of Simmons tonight was he called a couple of lineouts to himself when he was clearly being double-teamed close to the tryline. Other than that, I'll watch the replay and keep a special eye out for his involvements

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Right, forget that Wallabies stuff, we've got a Super title to win. Three devlish hard games in three weeks, two against teams who must win to survive and one against the old enemy. We must win all three to get the home final so necessary to do any good.

I suggest:
  • Ryan to start and Kepu to finish. Kepu has been huge in the tests, he needs some rest this week before starting the last two games.
  • Pots and Douglas to start, they'll be well rested.
  • Skelton to replace Palu at half time, Palu needs rest time after today's heroics. Pots to 6 and Dennis to 8.
  • Hooper to be replaced this week as soon as we've got a good lead and definitely before 60. He is starting to show signs of fatigue in his handling.
  • Backline selects itself with Alofa to start on the wing.
  • We absolutely have to smash them in the forwards. That's where they got us last time along with the 10/12 channel
  • We need to develop some special plays to clear the ball past the 10/12 channel and attack further out. And revive the short kick to the blind that was working so well for the first ten minutes of the last game to stop the rush defence.
  • They will be weaker in the scrum without Alexander and Moore. We need to target this.
All the players to be revved up as to why this week must be perfect. Four tries would be nice, but the absolute imperative is four points for a win. We can go for five in the last two games.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
We really need to pick up where we left off last month to be a chance here - if we defend like we did against the Chiefs then we will win this game. More short balls from Willy to Izzy please.

Status
Not open for further replies.