• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

something

Jim Clark (26)
Beale wasn't too bad for the tahs. you say there is a no dickhead policy. i think beale isnt a dickhead, i think he is a young man who has a drinking problem. Calling him a dickhead is only going to hinder rather than help. In my honest opinion beale would be best in tah land, back home he was never as big of an issue as he is in melbourne, and a hard bastard like chieka would sort him right out.

T

Train Without a Station

back home he was never as big of an issue as he is in melbourne

I don't think that is the case at all. he was previously involved in an assault case at a family BBQ I believe, then we had his weight issues and it was only time in Wallaby camp and a taste of what he could achieve that he sorted himself out. To say that him going down to Melbourne has been the source of his problems is too harsh on Melbourne and too easy on him.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Just confirming JOC (James O'Connor) has been linked to each team now over the last month? Reds, Tahs, Force. What about Brumbies?

JOC (James O'Connor) tried to link himself to the Brumbies and they wouldn't have a bar of it.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I don't think that is the case at all. he was previously involved in an assault case at a family BBQ I believe, then we had his weight issues and it was only time in Wallaby camp and a taste of what he could achieve that he sorted himself out. To say that him going down to Melbourne has been the source of his problems is too harsh on Melbourne and too easy on him.

Actually, he only played himself into a Wallabies jersey after he turned it on for the Tahs in 2010. He'd been on the bench and worked his way back into the side at 15 and was a revelation.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Over the past few years I've sort of gotten the feeling that Beale is a bit of a young dickhead with a drinking problem, if anything. Just my 2c though. The Shorks incident and the repeated drinking offenses point towards a pretty significant emotional or attitude-based component to all of this. The sooking he would do on the field and still does sometimes when other players make mistakes doesn't help his case here very much either.

A lot of people seem to think Cheika can sort him out but don't seem to be considering the possibility he may reactive negatively to this. His own captain couldn't sort him out in a 7'x7' elevator. What makes you think Cheika yelling at him is suddenly going to change him?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Richo I'm almost certain he was on the EOYT the year before that and either debuted or played in a tour match on the wing.

Yep last game in 2009, game off the bench and played on the wing.

He played fullback on the tour games despite having never played there before. It was in 2010 he switched there with the Tahs. So Robbie gets the credit for transforming him into a 15.

T

Train Without a Station

Yeah that is one thing I do credit Robbie with. Beale's best ever season came on the back of a tour with Robbie. Much like the beginning of Quade's transformation into a quality player, his first decent season was on the back of a tour with Robbie.

Seemed a bit crazy at the time but proved a real master stroke with Beale.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Is it a coincidence that the Rebels have looked good without Beale, then have gone back to back without JOC (James O'Connor)?

Hard to know. Often when the Force claim a big scalp it looks like the opposition thought they would only have to turn up to get 5 points. Maybe the Rebels are a better team without Beale and JOC (James O'Connor), maybe it is a coincidence and maybe the opposition haven't given them enough respect.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
The power of "team" and not 14 plus a special brand player. Enthusiasm, work rate, discipline, strong structures can all play their part but ultimately the team must play for each other and execute under pressure. When certain X factor players are disruptive and undermine team cohesion, they need to go.

Perhaps are some very good individual players who are all about the team and place the team goals above their own (other than being the best possible player for that team). The Rebels dont seem to have recruited enough of those players. Cipriani, JOC (James O'Connor), Beale?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'd be happy for Beale to come back, BUT I think he really needs to sort his shit out first. I'm a bit 'meh' about JOC (James O'Connor), and would be quite happy to let Foley keep developing, and spend any JOC (James O'Connor) flash-cash on getting better back-up at 2 for example.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
He was great before he came to Australia but never really looked the same afterwards.

He looked good before he snapped his ankle in 2008, Martin Johnson rushed him back for the November tests and never looked the same player. He went down the road of many any English prospect, hailed as the greatest young player of all time, gets injury, rushed back due to aforementioned hero status, can't recapture form, thrown onto scrap heap.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
He looked good before he snapped his ankle in 2008, Martin Johnson rushed him back for the November tests and never looked the same player. He went down the road of many any English prospect, hailed as the greatest young player of all time, gets injury, rushed back due to aforementioned hero status, can't recapture form, thrown onto scrap heap.

I believe that is called the 'Mathew Tait Special' now.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
It's being reported on Twitter that TPN (3 years) and Palu (2 years) have re-signed.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.