• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Fifita has been a semi-pro rugby player, he gets it.

It's amazing how people gloss over easily available info when convenient.

Maybe people are assuming that when he underwent the mandatory converting to league lobotomy, they removed the bit of his brain that contained his rugby knowledge.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Is Dennis out just for this week? Injury wise. Realise that Hoiles is unlikely to be a permenant replacement.

So do you think that the Captaincy might be a step to far for Hooper this weekend? Would you have prefered to see AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Is Dennis out just for this week? Injury wise. Realise that Hoiles is unlikely to be a permenant replacement.

So do you think that the Captaincy might be a step to far for Hooper this weekend? Would you have prefered to see AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)?

You'd assume Dennis will be back next weekend as it was hoped he'd be right for this game (he was named despite the injury. He just didn't recover in time).

I don't think the captaincy will be any issue for Hooper. He'll be awesome!

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
With a serious lack of drinking options in and around ANZ thinking of going to the Members bar pre game. Only thing is that its location isn't very described in the members mail, is anyone on here able to tell me where in the stadium it is? Or even what gate to go in to get into it?

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
With a serious lack of drinking options in and around ANZ thinking of going to the Members bar pre game. Only thing is that its location isn't very described in the members mail, is anyone on here able to tell me where in the stadium it is? Or even what gate to go in to get into it?

on L1, once you walk into the members entrance to the stadium, there are stairs at either end leading to 2 terrace bars. There is better food, but the beer is the same shit.

I usually drive to Homebush and save my drinking for when I get home (force v brumbies will be on). Mid strength beer in plastic cups? I'll pass

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Gen Blue 17 - 14 Samoa A

Very sloppy game in wet conditions. Gen Blue once again showed great defence however in attack struggled to string multiple phases together either dropping pill or throwing 50/50 offloads.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Considering that self-expression in league amounts to punching Nate Myles repeatedly (while inspiring many many children to do the same), I think that I'd rather not express myself at all.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Bit disappointed we're not playing at Moore Park, are we expecting a crowd >45,000 anyway?

I think the crowd is expected for less than 25k... Playing the game at moore park tonight would be an absolute nightmare logistics wise because of the mardi gras parade.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
I can't remember how many more years it is but the agreement with ANZ to have 2 games out there isn't going to change for at least 1 more year. Everyone will be cheering when that agreement is over.

Kinda glad it's not amid the Mardi Gras mess.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
I can't remember how many more years it is but the agreement with ANZ to have 2 games out there isn't going to change for at least 1 more year. Everyone will be cheering when that agreement is over.

Kinda glad it's not amid the Mardi Gras mess.

The Tahs will need to be pretty confident of excellent crowds at the SFS if they're going to forgo the guaranteed money from ANZ stadium.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)

2015 should be the last year of the current agreement as it has been raised that taking a Tahs Super Rugby home game to a regional centre couldn't happen until 2016. So a game which has been allocated to Homebush could be played in Newcastle or another venue as the Tahs admin wouldn't be game (mad?) enough to take another fixture away from the SFS.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
The Tahs will need to be pretty confident of excellent crowds at the SFS if they're going to forgo the guaranteed money from ANZ stadium.

Exactly.
I can't remember the numbers but it's something like Tahs get $12K for 10K people at ANZ and less per 10K at SFS.

What is annoying is the discussion about SFS vs ANZ gets brought up every ANZ game, by people (not forum people) assuming the Tahs have picked ANZ for fun.

I really wonder how many of them actually attend games at SFS or ANZ.

A regional game would be a fun road trip for supporters!

Absent Friend

Peter Burge (5)
The Tahs web site has been updated to show the full squad of 35. It appears the last two spots have gone to Hoiles and Roach. No sign of "The Hill" anywhere to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.