• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah I was there the other day, they were playing videos on the new screens. They are fucking sensational, the images are so crisp. Like watching at home on HD.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah I was there the other day, they were playing videos on the new screens. They are fucking sensational, the images are so crisp. Like watching at home on HD.

Which will suit a lot of the networkers at the rugby because they no longer have to watch the actual game. Personally, I don't see why they didn't spend the money on upgrading the actual facilities.

So having through about the grubby copy of the game I watched, I'm not unhappy about where we are. As someone pointed out the other day - last year we were 4 from 8 at one point.

Our fixes are easily identifiable (handling, mostly) and our fitness is only going to get better.

Other teams are starting a bit faster than us, and I reckon we're even going to lose a couple more, but we'll be there at the pointy end.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I like this initiative:
Volvo-Inner-Circle-Text7.jpg

Register your kids here for a chance to be a Volvo Player Mascot -http://www.waratahs.com.au/Warat…/MatchDay/VolvoPlayerMascot

JimmyNT

Frank Row (1)
Hey,

Was searching around for a 2015 fixtures .ics file for my calendar, but could only find one with every game of every team. Don't know why they don't provide this on the website just for the Tah's fixtures.

So I edited the generic one to create the attached. Hoping the fixtures don't change and all caveats on it working on your system. :oops: Normally you just save then double click on it or import/open.

Regards
James

PS assume I'm not allowed to post in the 'Discussions' forum - so I posted here instead.

Attachments

• Waratahs Super Rugby 2015 Fixtures.ics
    5.8 KB · Views: 201

JimmyNT

Frank Row (1)
Hey,

Was searching around for a 2015 fixtures .ics file for my calendar, but could only find one with every game of every team. Don't know why they don't provide this on the website just for the Tah's fixtures.

So I edited the generic one to create the attached. Hoping the fixtures don't change and all caveats on it working on your system. :oops: Normally you just save then double click on it or import/open.

Regards
James

PS assume I'm not allowed to post in the 'Discussions' forum - so I posted here instead.

Then I found this! Oh well -whichever works for you http://www.waratahs.com.au/Waratahs/MatchDay/NSWWaratahsDraw.aspx

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I'm looking forward to seeing the screens on the weekend, but I've got a sneaky suspicion that a fair portion of the screen will be taken up by adverts.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Unless Jackpot starts playing better, it's going to be Tahs fans suggesting that the ARU don't let the Waratahs re-sign him for a third year and fans of other clubs saying they should let us re-sign him.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Jackpot is certainly not playing anywhere near what we have all come to love (that style). This year, largely he has been ineffectual

gowaratahs

Sydney Middleton (9)
Nice result, enjoyed the game. Jacpot improved, Folau "like Mike", forwards dominant, and the value of a better bench obvious. Good on Latu on debut, threw accurately - albeit flat and was into everything. A few too many defensive fubars though, and some brain-fart decisions close to full time show we've still got some ways to go - but we're on track. Loved the execution at the set piece, and disruption of the rolling maul.

Hoping for good news on Kuridrani, the impact looked rough. Looks as though it'll all be overshadowed by Pocock's claims of homophobic baiting by the Tahs though - ironic cover on smh online, Pocock's wrist looks decidedly limp :)

T-firmly-IC, however having media involved already is just wrong - at least give the organisation the opportunity to deal with a complaint, but going public only being the remedy if the organisation fails to act appropriately. My 2c (applies regardless of the issue, be it racial, homophobic, etc) - how will we know if the organisation actually has integrity if issues are thrown to the media circus as the first option?
image.jpg

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Feeling a bit better this week than I was last. But yeah, still things to clean up, including our scrum...

Reactions: mjw
T

TOCC

T-firmly-IC, however having media involved already is just wrong - at least give the organisation the opportunity to deal with a complaint, but going public only being the remedy if the organisation fails to act appropriately. My 2c (applies regardless of the issue, be it racial, homophobic, etc) - how will we know if the organisation actually has integrity if issues are thrown to the media circus as the first option?View attachment 5997

the conversation with pocock was audible over the referees microphone.. the issue went public from the get go..

Nonetheless i dont believe keeping it under-wraps and dealing with it internally is setting the right example, if we want to stamp out homophobia in sports it needs to come from the very top and if homophobic slurs were made then punishing said player sets an example for all layers of rugby.

gowaratahs

Sydney Middleton (9)
the conversation with pocock was audible over the referees microphone.. the issue went public from the get go..

Nonetheless i dont believe keeping it under-wraps and dealing with it internally is setting the right example, if we want to stamp out homophobia in sports it needs to come from the very top and if homophobic slurs were made then punishing said player sets an example for all layers of rugby.
Yep, reading that now (re: audible mike) - which makes my comment entirely redundant. Ironic however is Pocock's comment "you can't say that, there could be gay players out there" - I'm sure he'd reword that given the chance - you don't need to be gay to be offended by either homophobia or dumb/lazy sledging.

Status
Not open for further replies.