• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Re: props, Orr looks like a beast. You guys should sign him up before someone else does.

People have been suggesting this should be Tilse's last year, but I would give him one more year. That way Ala'alatoa can get the odd start off the bench next year and if he goes OK he will replace Tilse in the 2017 roster. Orr should get a squad spot next year to start his development. Its a long way from under-20's to a starting spot in Super rugby if you are a prop; though I suspect the SA U-20's tight head prop could drop in to a Super team tomorrow and not look out of place.

Wonder if he would like to live in a country where you don't have to carry a loaded gun in the car for protection?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
He matched/beat Fagerson last night, who's started 2 or 3 games for Glasgow and had another half dozen or so appearances off the bench. He's definitely not far from ready, and I'd definitely move on Tilse next season if I were the Tahs. Robbo is probably gone come end of next season, and that just gives an excuse to keep him on for 2017 as well. Getting a dozen games into MA, and a couple into Orr would set you up for 2017 nicely. In terms of being a bench option, you wouldn't/shouldn't lose much going from Tilse to Ala'alatoa.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
He matched/beat Fagerson last night, who's started 2 or 3 games for Glasgow and had another half dozen or so appearances off the bench. He's definitely not far from ready, and I'd definitely move on Tilse next season if I were the Tahs. Robbo is probably gone come end of next season, and that just gives an excuse to keep him on for 2017 as well. Getting a dozen games into MA, and a couple into Orr would set you up for 2017 nicely. In terms of being a bench option, you wouldn't/shouldn't lose much going from Tilse to Ala'alatoa.

Lest I be misunderstood, I think Tilse's service from the bench has been under-rated. Maybe he's not the best scrummaging prop around but a few years ago he had to start a couple of games and he did not let us down. He seems to grow another leg when he pulls on the sky blue. A Waratah great for his ability to make the best of the skills he has.

T

themanger

May or may not have been said, have not read back on the thread. But its great to see Hugh Roach is finally getting some decent game time. I see a bright future for him.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Lest I be misunderstood, I think Tilse's service from the bench has been under-rated. Maybe he's not the best scrummaging prop around but a few years ago he had to start a couple of games and he did not let us down. He seems to grow another leg when he pulls on the sky blue. A Waratah great for his ability to make the best of the skills he has.

Not sure he is actually trusted a lot at the moment

If he was Fatcat wouldn't be playing 70 minutes a game, every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.