• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Wallaby HR 101 - the guys who score the tries get the bucks. And the promo gigs.

The guys who supply the ball get a free beer and a pat on the head.

Yeah sure. No argument. But that was Kurtley Beale in 2010 and could easily be again.

Sorry what?

Castro or Israel..

Ummmmmm. Israel please.

Missed the word win. We will lose games because our scrum is shit. We are less likely to lose games because we don't have Folau (if we had a good scrum).

But could be key to the Tahs performance in 2015, which is this thread's topic

Only everyone is talking about the Wallabies and Australian rugby. Ohh sorry my bad, I forgot that everyone in Sydney thinks that Waratahs, the Wallabies and Australian Rugby are the same thing.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yeah sure. No argument. But that was Kurtley Beale in 2010 and could easily be again.

Missed the word win. We will lose games because our scrum is shit. We are less likely to lose games because we don't have Folau (if we had a good scrum).

Only everyone is talking about the Wallabies and Australian rugby. Ohh sorry my bad, I forgot that everyone in Sydney thinks that Waratahs, the Wallabies and Australian Rugby are the same thing.

Yeah, but the point was that this is the Waratahs 2015 thread, and maybe all this chat should be in another thread about the Wallabies. So your snide aside is inappropriate.
And you were the one that derailed the talk to Wallabies, not Waratahs.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I don't think I did, but I will happily agree that it isn't the right thread to be discussing it, so I'll see myself out.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
LOCKS;
Last couple of seasons Greg Petersen has been dogged by injury and he's only 23.

There has been some doubters on here that I believe have been unjustified given his lack of game time over recent years due to injury. This year he has consistently strung together some really good performances (in a comp that has produced 16 Wobs for this weekend).

Why don't the doubters drop down to Manly on Saturday and get on the Manly band wagon - you'll also get to see how he fairs against departing lock Kane Douglas.

I think you'll all be pleasantly surprised.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
LOCKS;
Last couple of seasons Greg Petersen has been dogged by injury and he's only 23.

There has been some doubters on here that I believe have been unjustified given his lack of game time over recent years due to injury. This year he has consistently strung together some really good performances (in a comp that has produced 16 Wobs for this weekend).

Why don't the doubters drop down to Manly on Saturday and get on the Manly band wagon - you'll also get to see how he fairs against departing lock Kane Douglas.

I think you'll all be pleasantly surprised.

He better, I just wonder where his strengths are, he is massive, but doesn't use it, he isn't a lineout maestro and he doesn't have a great work rate.

Compare that with Douglas, a player who works his arse off, has become a 10's bane with his defensive shooter work and plays long minutes every week

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
He better, I just wonder where his strengths are, he is massive, but doesn't use it, he isn't a lineout maestro and he doesn't have a great work rate.

Compare that with Douglas, a player who works his arse off, has become a 10's bane with his defensive shooter work and plays long minutes every week

Well FP how about a roll down to Manly on Saturday.
I mean how many 80 minute games (not trails) have you seen him play over the last 3 years. You maybe pleasantly surprised.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Anyone know how Hodge's injury rehab is progressing?

When does his contract run out?

When was his last game of footy?

Will he have a shorter career with the Tahs than Squeaky Moore had as Captain of the Wobs?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Well FP how about a roll down to Manly on Saturday.
I mean how many 80 minute games (not trails) have you seen him play over the last 3 years. You maybe pleasantly surprised.

Haven't seen him a lot live, but I have seen him on the ABC matches when they are shown.

So far I have seen no evidence that he processes the dynamism and aggression to be a decent S15 lock, I hope I am wrong.

But so far he looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Anyone know how Hodge's injury rehab is progressing?

When does his contract run out?

When was his last game of footy?

Will he have a shorter career with the Tahs than Squeaky Moore had as Captain of the Wobs?

His contract at the Tahs ends this year. I can't imagine he'll be re-signed so he'll leave without playing a game.

He played some club rugby last year in between injuries I believe but hasn't played this year. He's full time turning up to primary schools and junior rugby training sessions etc. it seems.

Fowi

Chris McKivat (8)
I've watched a few Manly SS games and I have very rarely noticed Greg, he just doesn't seem to make an impression on games like a man of his size should. I just don't think he has it in him to be a Super Rugby player.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
He should be the leader of the pack,but he just follows them around.
If you compare his impact to Gower,it is extremely unflattering.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Douglas' first SS game of the year and you'll know he's playing within the first minute after he smashes someone either in a tackle or ruck. That's the difference between them

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
@dave beat

Peterson is pretty damn ordinary, waste of space needs to give it up to someone who is going to make a impact

Status
Not open for further replies.