• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
He's only in the outer squad or was when Chieka made that comment. I assume that meant he wasn't signed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
A smokey is Andrew Kellaway who played outside centre last year to effect for the NSW Under 20s sometimes, if I remember correctly, and has all the attributes of a 13 - and would be more elusive than Horne.

Kellaway is the perfect replacement for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper): he never passes
:rolleyes:

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
A great finisher though. He's currently a wing or full back for sure. Perhaps he's young enough to be taught to pass under pressure.

Yep, he's a good finisher. Let's see if he can make something happen at the higher level, where finishers are a dime a dozen.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
A great finisher though. He's currently a wing or full back for sure. Perhaps he's young enough to be taught to pass under pressure.
He is good enough now for the higher level,with the ball in his hand.
It's the other parts of the game he needs to work on,to make the step up to super footy IMHO.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
London Irish don't have the best talent/squad but he's achieved pretty much nothing there. Can't say I'm a fan.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I agree. I don't think he is head coach material. Might make a decent assistant coach.

He copped a lot of flak from a few of the England players following the 2011 RWC. Pretty rich coming from the players given their performance. Less heart than the Tin Man.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Kellaway is a rare bird (notwithstanding my misgivings about his willingness to set up a man other than himself): every time he steps up he produces at the next level and usually from the outset.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
It really stuck in my craw (Craw, not Craw) to see Brian Smith sitting on the England coaching bench.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Just got members news email saying all Waratahs season games will be held at SFS from 2016 as well as other financial benefits as part of deal with the SCG trust.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
With the news of GI looking at a cross code switch, what odds would you place on the Tahs using some cash freed up with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Kepu leaving to try and lure the big man over for a dash at fullback allowing Folau his move to 13 next season? Two good mates reuniting under a culture Folau clearly enjoys. Could also be one hell of a carrot to dangle in front of Beale to stay too.

We live in interesting times!

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
Long odds, IMO. If the NRL can't find a way to pay him enough to stay, I'm not sure what hope there would be under the Super Rugby cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.