• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Two different things, the Tahs lost three wallaby winger and needed experience in the mix, Guildford was and is a bet, he an All Blaack has a great work rate and gets involved. As to off field issues, so has had Beale, Palu etc. People grow up
Let's agree to disagree about the Guildford signing. Off field issues are current.

People keep refereering to him being an experienced All Black - he played 11 tests (some off the bench) between 2009-2012 between the ages of 20-23. He's hardly oozing experience, nor has he set the world on fire in the intervening 4 years.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
There's no doubt he needs to bulk up but presumably there is the expectation that it is happening and will continue. He's listed at 102kg right now and surely has to get to 110kg before he is viable.

If you're good enough, you're heavy enough.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
But do they know that? Or are they simply reinforcing their own prejudices?

What seems to be proven is that people will watch the Waratahs outside of the Moore Park precinct.

Maybe less people would go to certain games at ANZ, maybe the same would go, maybe more would go - I don't know the answer, but neither I suspect do the Waratahs. But the available evidence suggests that people will still go.

Anz stadium is ordinary stadium to watch rugby at the way designed - hopefully stadium redevelopment addresses this as having wallaby matches at Homebush makes a lot of sense only if world class stadium which anz stadium for rugby is not.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Aside from the 23 players that played against the Force, Senio Toleafoa and Tolu Latu have travelled to South Africa for the Stormers game.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Have been offline for a couple of days, but Sandell's mother advised my wife Matt is now up to 108kg and still working hard building more. Certainly the Tahs coaching staff have made him well aware of their requirements.
Too light now, yes, but as someone else said, he is a reasonably tall prop and has the capacity to carry more weight.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Louisi needs to pull his finger out and start moving a few rucks. That's in addition to wining ALL his lineouts and a few of the opposition's.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Is Lousi injured? He wasn't named in Shute Shield last weekend although that doesn't necessarily mean a lot. He plays for Southern Districts doesn't he?

I note that Zac Guildford played and apparently scored a couple of tries for the Pirates.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Well, he's just turned 24, which for props is nowhere near maturity.

The Crusaders seem to think he's got something going for him.

Will he be the world's best prop, time will tell, but I wouldn't be basing my evaluation on how he performed as a 21-23 year old that's for sure.

Investment in props is long term and Tom Robertson looks very good - let's hope he develops into a world class prop for the Waratahs and Wallabies.

That doesn't make the Michael Ala'atoa release the right decision though.

Robertson is doing a good job for the Waratahs and 'holding' the scrum up. However to me he isn't a THP who is going to hurt you at scrum time or dominate the space. In saying that for a kid chucked into the deep end he is doing a job much better than Taavao.

Which brings me back to, Taavao short listed in the Wallabies set up?... Please!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Robertson is doing a good job for the Waratahs and 'holding' the scrum up. However to me he isn't a THP who is going to hurt you at scrum time or dominate the space. In saying that for a kid chucked into the deep end he is doing a job much better than Taavao.

Which brings me back to, Taavao short listed in the Wallabies set up?. Please!

Robertson is doing a great job.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

Which brings me back to, Taavao short listed in the Wallabies set up?. Please!
Which short-list would this be? The talk-fest a few weeks back? Yeah, nah. I wouldn't bunch your panties up just yet. ;)

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Jeez, Intruder, you're a bloody hard marker. Give Robertson a few more games and he'll do his THPing quite competently. I'd wager with Robinson and THP alongside Tom they'll give a few other front rows some grief.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
T is 100% coming back to you guys because he's not staying at Glasgow, and his get out clause only lets him come back to the Tahs.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Daily Telegraph is reporting that Sekope Kepu is trying to find a way out of his second year in France so he and his family can return to Australia.

It would be awesome for the Tahs if we can get him back for 2017.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.