• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
If Kepu comes back he takes his chances. If he remains good enough and better than the next guy then he gets chosen. Other bloke rides the pine or fucks off to wherever until HE becomes top dog.

Very happy for him to come to the Reds

Why would he do that?

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
The other challenge with identifying front rowers is natural growth and development.

The bloke who was prop in our 13As was a gun. Prodigy. But then he grew 3 feet, was skinny as a rake and ended up playing outside centre.

In a position so dependant on size and shape, tagging young props is fraught with disaster, as 'fat kids' often end up thin and athletic by the time they are 18.

Must've had a helluva sidestep with five feet.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If he moved to Brisbane presumably the only place he could continue studying medicine would be on par with the Hollywood Upstairs Medical College.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Having worked for one of the two major Australian brewers in a past life they both put out very ordinary beer, without a word of a lie I can confirm their mainstream brands are brewed down to a price. XXXX is as bad as Tooheys, and VB, and Carlton Draught. Southwark Bitter's another story..... :(

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
There is nowhere in Australia really interested in developing props, and it shows.

I think that the Reds are interested in developing props (and hookers). Nick Stiles seems to be going okay with Sef Fagaase, Talakai and Paraaka working in with Holmes and Slipper. Then Ready is going well too so it is good to see some of these newer guys getting some good opportunities.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
And four steps up from VB

You trot this line out every time we have the VB / Tooheys debate. We all know deep down that VB is FAR superior to that Tooheys shit. Survey the GAGR masses if you must, but you know the truth.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
One is Victorian piss, the other is NSW piss. Get behind your home state Beer, H35!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Urrh, Scottish piss. Up there with McEwans Export. Tapped directly from the Horse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
“As a minority sport, we can’t afford to be fighting with each other,” Hore said.

“At the moment you have a professional entity over here, and the rest of the game over there. The first thing we have to do is create that alignment, so we become one sport and one state working together.
I have a sudden urge to hug this bloke.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Have been offline for a couple of days, but Sandell's mother advised my wife Matt is now up to 108kg and still working hard building more. Certainly the Tahs coaching staff have made him well aware of their requirements.
Too light now, yes, but as someone else said, he is a reasonably tall prop and has the capacity to carry more weight.
Isn't he playing second grade for uni this weekend- how can that be....

Status
Not open for further replies.