• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Quite happy with the team though do believe we need one pure second row to complement the makeshift Mumm and limited Skelton.

I'm also not sure why Clark is worthy of a full contract position over Harry Jones, someone who has impressed in the 15 a side game in both Shute Shield and NRC, while Clark who was a star in 7s, has not played consistent 15s in years and looked frankly average in the NRC?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Quite happy with the team though do believe we need one pure second row to complement the makeshift Mumm and limited Skelton.

I'm also not sure why Clark is worthy of a full contract position over Harry Jones, someone who has impressed in the 15 a side game in both Shute Shield and NRC, while Clark who was a star in 7s, has not played consistent 15s in years and looked frankly average in the NRC?

Absolutely. They need to sign a replacement for Leon Power. Someone who is ready to play in a matchday 23 from day one given we have a couple of development players.

I think it is a case of Clark demanding a better initial contract because of his 7s success rather than ability for the Tahs from day 1. Clearly he needs to improve substantially from his couple of games in the NRC prior to injury.

I agree that Jones will be closer to the matchday 23 based on the NRC than Clark.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

I think it may because Clark will tackle a bit more, you know that other half of rugby

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
i think it may be due to his scrapbook.
He wasn't signed on form displayed in NRC.
I reckon he will prove to be a solid first grader for Norths.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Agree he was probably signed due to his CV but I think his upside is greater than Clark's.
Honestly he's already probably more deserving of a starting wing position than Robinson, even with existing defensive frailties (which he has improved).

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I thought Robinson made huge improvements during the NRC. He wasn't really ready for Super Rugby in 2016 but looks like he will be an asset in 2017. I think Robinson will definitely feature in the best matchday 23.

Everyone forgets Robinson was a high % goal kicker in the NRL as well

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Why haven't the Tahs signed Dave Lolohea yet? He's called into the Wallabies squad, he had a cracking NRC and the Tahs are still down two props from last season.

Well, it appears someone at the Tahs agrees with you and have signed him alongside both Tyrone Viiga and Brendan Paenga-Amosa. All to EPS spots I think.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Further on WCR's post above:

A number of non-contracted players have also been invited to join as part of the extended training squad following standout performances in the NSW Buildcorp NRC teams, including Western Sydney Rams, Tyrone Viiga, Dave Lolohea, and Brandon Paenga-Amosa, as well as NSW Country Eagles’, Mitch Short and Sydney Rays’, Rory O’Connor.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Respectfully, there is a difference between 'you are a goose' and 'don't be a goose'.

Also, I called him a goose and I've seen plenty of genuinely offensive stuff on here. Goose isn't that.
Not much difference. Just don't do it.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Tapatalk

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Honestly, of all the things to 'community manage' it's a very odd choice.

But, it's your forum apparently.
To me, The fact that you don't know I'm one of the moderators here means I'm doing a pretty good job. It's not my forum it's Gaggers. Be thankful you're not dealing with him he shoots first and asks questions later.

I'd just noticed a couple of incidents where you'd put people down unnecessarily and asked you to stop.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Any intel in how Brad Wilkin is going with his rehab?

Poor bugger missed out on the U.K. tour as a schoolboy with a busted wing. I think similar issue with him for the U20s/Aust 7s. Then he was crocked in a Shute Shield game early last year IIRC.

A tonne of promise that we haven't seen realised yet. Hope he has a good season in 2017 so he can show "what he's got".

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
To me, The fact that you don't know I'm one of the moderators here means I'm doing a pretty good job. It's not my forum it's Gaggers. Be thankful you're not dealing with him he shoots first and asks questions later.

I'd just noticed a couple of incidents where you'd put people down unnecessarily and asked you to stop.

Can I ask when the other couple were? I've never been spoken to about this and honestly my candour on this forum is pretty personable.

Is getting ownership V moderator mixed up a big issue?

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
On the issue of locks, while I agree with others we could use another one, I am not necessarily part of the majority opinion that Hanigan's position will be 6. I'm sure he will be fine there, but I though he was outstanding as a lock in the NRC, particularly in the set piece. The old saying, if you're good enough you're big enough may well apply.
Besides, he's about the same size as a young Brad Thorn, who wasn't all that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.