• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I am a beacon to the people - I shine a light in the places they dare not, and thus, save them from peril.

What thanks do I get? Smart-arsery from Captain Chronometer.

giphy.gif

:D

All I get is GIFery from Electro.

Electro GIF.gif

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I get that some see Mumm as past his use-by date, though we really need his leadership while Horne, Phipps and Foley grow into the role. A bit like keeping Denno past this prime (which was 2011 from memory).

Yeah with all our experienced forwards leaving, Mumm becomes a necessity

21mmstuds

Stan Wickham (3)
Which brings me to my main point about next year's Tahs squad: LOCKS. Letting Matjiwow sign for the Force now looks very sloppy, second rowers like Ben don't grow on trees.

Why is Matt Phillips on the bench/playing for the force, very handy at Uni, and I thought he was training at the Tah's?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
He was a pretty useful NSW U20 captain back in the day. The Tahs have signed a kid out of high school over him this year, and brought back Mumm from UK (or was that the Wobs?) so very little surprise he jumped at the opportunity for an injury cover contract at the Force.

Can't think of any of these short term expedient contracts that have become full contracts.

Good on him for getting some coin in the short term. Anyone remember Hugh Roach playing fir the Force against the B&I Lions? Got all of a couple of minutes off the bench. That didn't parachute him into Tahs or Force, though.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
You do realise forwards only humour halfbacks. You tend to be the smallest guys on the pitch so we take pity and let you think you're running the show.

WorkingClassRugger

Sorry to disappoint, even the pigs tell us half’s to tell em what to do. Sometimes against a weaker team, you feel a tad sorry towards the tiresome poor things they are, as they try and make up for their in-adequateness, however their feeble attempts when as I said the half does not lead them, the coach will reprimand the humble half and the coach will instruct the modest half to in a noble way to lead, the unfortunate, deprived pigs and although they be wretched been’s with misery at their own incompetence, the half should still lead and direct them.

Laughable as it is we poor half’s will suffer the pain of directing the defective, imperfect, hopeless pigs.

:):):):):D:D:D:p:p;)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
WorkingClassRugger

Sorry to disappoint, even the pigs tell us half’s to tell em what to do. Sometimes against a weaker team, you feel a tad sorry towards the tiresome poor things they are, as they try and make up for their in-adequateness, however their feeble attempts when as I said the half does not lead them, the coach will reprimand the humble half and the coach will instruct the modest half to in a noble way to lead, the unfortunate, deprived pigs and although they be wretched been’s with misery at their own incompetence, the half should still lead and direct them.

Laughable as it is we poor half’s will suffer the pain of directing the defective, imperfect, hopeless pigs.

Funny stuff

where did the term "half wit" come from ?:)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
WorkingClassRugger

Until their chippy mouth gets them in trouble and they run behind the adults

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Tahs have reportedly signed Michael Wells from the Brumbies.

An interesting decision as he's very similar to Jack Dempsey except possibly a few kgs lighter.

Seems like we have a lot of notters now with Dempsey, Wilkin and Wells.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think Tilse has had a pretty good season and has been a good servant of the club.

We badly need a good young LHP to add to the fold for 2017. Ta'avao could also move to LHP next year to back up Ryan as we will have Kepu and Robertson on the THP side.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It's interesting, I thought Tilse might be a worthwhile experienced head to be signed by another franchise, but everyone else has five props signed up already:

Reds - Slipper, Talakai, Faga'ase, Pararka & Tupou
Brumbies - Sio, Ala'alatoa, Makin, Smith & Alexander
Force - Daley, van Wyk, Ainsley, Cowan & Faulkner
Rebels - Ah-Nau, Lomax, Weeks, Hagan & Smith

The Tahs only have the three in Kepu, Sandell & Ta'avoa.

I wonder if they will consider Latu a full-time loose head and find a third hooker.

Tom Robertson I don't think has signed yet, but you'd have to think he will.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
There'd have to be a reasonable chance Tilse will retire and start a construction business.

Presumably he'd have some opportunity of getting a gig overseas if he wants to continue playing rugby.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I think Tilse has had a pretty good season and has been a good servant of the club.

We badly need a good young LHP to add to the fold for 2017. Ta'avao could also move to LHP next year to back up Ryan as we will have Kepu and Robertson on the THP side.

He has taken up a spot that could have been filled better, judged by his lack of performance against Eastwood in the SS over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.