• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Considering he has only played trial games, it's hard to quantify what he has actually done for the Tahs.

I think he has shown improvement across those seasons in his rugby though, particularly in the NRC which is what is required.

I don't think there is another young 10 who is pushing him out at this point so it seems wise to persist with him as essentially a fringe squad member. Whether or not he ever develops into a quality Super Rugby player is still unknown but Mason and Deegan seem like reasonable bets as young 10s to continue developing at this point.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Thanks for that - was a typo - meant to be for the Wicks. I reckon he outplayed Mack Mason when they played Easts.

Hard to quantify seeing as Deegan is playing for one of the best teams in the comp and Mason one of the worst.

I think they are pretty comparable really which is why continuing with both of them makes sense to me.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Thanks for that - was a typo - meant to be for the Wicks. I reckon he outplayed Mack Mason when they played Easts.
Ok, that makes more sense,
I think he's in the wrong position, his biggest value add that I see, is as a support runner. I'd play him at 15.
Where as I'm still trying to work out any value add for Mack.

W-TARED

Bob McCowan (2)
Joined the Tahs membership in 2007 and in that time have built up 8 members to go to the games with, went in last week, and with the current form and news, no-one is re-signing for 2018.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Our group is 7 members and we have been members for varying lengths for 8-10+ years. I am confident all of us will sign up again next year.

If we cancelled our memberships due to a bad season, none of us would still have been there in 2014.

That is exactly right. You show up no matter what. Lets continue to push a positive message for Aussie Rugby.

Personally, I am a Waratahs diehard but living in Brisbane I've been a Reds member since 2009. Once a season I wear my Waratahs kit and get bagged but the following week Ill be back screaming for the Reds.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Yeah, throughout my childhood I was taken to Cumberland Oval most Sundays to see the Eels lose again and usually badly (Saturdays were spent at TG Milner watching the Woodies in-between touch matches on the top oval)

I guess that taught me being a supporter is more about the backing a side when they are playing shit, than getting on the band wagon when they start winning again.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Here is a perfect example of Sydney's fickle team support.

One of my neighbours was a Sydney FC fan, when the Wanderers started doing well he started wearing their supporters jersey and going to their games.
My other neighbour is a Swans supporter. GWS are doing well this year and I just saw him in a GWS jersey.

Just waiting for the other neighbour to switch back to Sydney FC after the GF win ;)

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Oh the holier than thou protestation against "fair weather fans". Your shit don't stink.

Mate I haven't been a member ever, simply because I don't live anywhere near getting to a game and when I did in the mid to late 90s I worked weekend night shifts every week. But I have been a supporter and purchaser of merchandise and Fox Subscriber. I just don't stick my head in the sand and excuse abjectly poor performance. If anybody performed at their jobs as poorly as these blokes do, getting paid what they do, working in one of my businesses they'd be out the door.

Funny the same people said exactly the same shit during the late Link years, the Hickey/Foley and Foley time.

Must be the same people involved in designing government projects like the VET scheme, power sell offs, pink bats, solar feed in tariffs ........ Lots of thought bubbles and short term plans, no substance in implementations but everyone else's fault.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
no need to turn on each other.

let's start compiling our list of who should be cut from next year.

i'll go first and name alphabet. the prototype of the one dimensial player.

W-TARED

Bob McCowan (2)
I've been a member for over 20 years. During the challenging times some of my mates stopped coming to games. I went and got new mates :)

Boo-fuckin-hoo mate, we all joined Tahs because we knew some kids, as 14 year old, who were outstanding club players, and dam good too, and we wanted to follow them through. Some of these boys ended up as 16yo reps, schoolboy reps & U20 reps etc, they were a good, strong bunch of kids, who toured and held there own. You might remember, several years ago that NSW were dominate in schools, and later in U20, these players are now all over the place. WHO IS MONITORING THESE KIDS, and trying to keep them together. They would have now made made a great NSW pack/team. They talk about "pathways"... FUCKOFF, Tahs have no idea. ME and my Waratah member mates, are sick of outsiders being parachuted into the squad from other codes or states, with no history, who shunt the boys we have been watching for years, down the pecking order. I want to follow my mates kids, and kids I know, through the system!

Status
Not open for further replies.