• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I reckon at this stage Harry Jones would get a bigger offer to play Aussie 7s than Super Rugby.

I feel like he would have got a decent amount of opportunity next year though if he'd stayed at the Tahs.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
I reckon at this stage Harry Jones would get a bigger offer to play Aussie 7s than Super Rugby.

I feel like he would have got a decent amount of opportunity next year though if he'd stayed at the Tahs.

I'm wondering why he didn't get any game time with the Tahs. He's shown so much talent in the Shute but he didn't get a look in even when our season was effectively over.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Harry Jones is great in attack, my impression from last year is that he's a bit weak defensively (probably not what the Tahs want right now, given the debacle that was Waratahs defence in 2017).

I like to watch

David Codey (61)

Don't think either camp shares your view, neither have signed him.

Or it's a secret for some reason.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
http://www.waratahs.com.au/Waratahs...b-Simmons-signs-on-with-the-NSW-Waratahs.aspx

Rob Simmons is officially a Waratah for the next two seasons.

I think this is a good signing. We desperately needed to recruit locks and now have a strong set piece lock who will instantly add stability to our lineout and scrum.

There's still certainly room to sign another quality lock.
Won't be quite as weird as Jason Little in blue but not far off.

Good luck to him (but it too much)

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
http://www.waratahs.com.au/Waratahs/News/NewsArticle/tabid/157/ArticleID/17772/Rob-Simmons-signs-on-with-the-NSW-Waratahs.aspx

I think this is a good signing. We desperately needed to recruit locks and now have a strong set piece lock who will instantly add stability to our lineout and scrum.

Happy with Rob at the Tahs. Hopefully a few more signings soon

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
http://www.waratahs.com.au/Waratahs/News/NewsArticle/tabid/157/ArticleID/17772/Rob-Simmons-signs-on-with-the-NSW-Waratahs.aspx

Given the dominance of the Rats scrum this year and his work around the field for them as well I would hope that Sam Needs gets a bit more time next year. The Tahs and the Wallabies really need to be looking forward to the time when Kepu is not around.

T

TOCC

Happy for Rob at the Tahs as well, still has something to offer Oz rugby,and makes it harder for the Tahs to poach Rodda or Tui.

Reactions: dru

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Given the dominance of the Rats scrum this year and his work around the field for them as well I would hope that Sam Needs gets a bit more time next year. The Tahs and the Wallabies really need to be looking forward to the time when Kepu is not around.

Hopefully he has a good NRC this year.

He certainly hasn't been part of a good scrum there previously or in his limited opportunities at Super Rugby level.

Will be interesting to see how Johnson-Holmes, Lolohea and Needs develop. Unless there is another prop recruited from elsewhere it would seem those three are fighting it out for significant Super Rugby game time next season.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Hopefully he has a good NRC this year.

He certainly hasn't been part of a good scrum there previously or in his limited opportunities at Super Rugby level.

Will be interesting to see how Johnson-Holmes, Lolohea and Needs develop. Unless there is another prop recruited from elsewhere it would seem those three are fighting it out for significant Super Rugby game time next season.

The Tahs scrum was very inconsistent this year and under powered when they could gain parity. I'd have to say a lot of that could be attributed to the second row especially and the backrow also.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Tahs scrum was very inconsistent this year and under powered when they could gain parity. I'd have to say a lot of that could be attributed to the second row especially and the backrow also.

Yes, I think the second row played a substantial part in that which is a big reason why I think Simmons is a good recruit.

He should sure up that area pretty quickly.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Happy for Rob at the Tahs as well, still has something to offer Oz rugby,and makes it harder for the Tahs to poach Rodda or Tui.

They don't come off contract until next year. Hopefully we can nab one of them for 2019. Don't know if I'd call it poaching since they both lived in NSW before QLD. Tui has already represented the Waratahs u20s.

Muzza

Herbert Moran (7)
what happened to Irae Simone?
He got dropped for the other bloke (mind blank ) heading to the rebels and didn't hear much from him after that. Was he injured? and whats going to happened to him once beale is back playing 12? i suppose beale would be playing the full 80 min. Whats he do then?
He is a player with so much potential. i really hope we dont fuck this up nadollo style (excuse my spelling )

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
what happened to Irae Simone?
He got dropped for the other bloke (mind blank ) heading to the rebels and didn't hear much from him after that. Was he injured? and whats going to happened to him once beale is back playing 12? i suppose beale would be playing the full 80 min. Whats he do then?
He is a player with so much potential. i really hope we dont fuck this up nadollo style (excuse my spelling )
Hopefully he has another good NRC and gets a good crack next season.

He struggled early on and Horwitz rightfully took his place with some pretty good play.

Simone is definitely a talent but wasn't ready to start in Super Rugby in 2017.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Hopefully he has another good NRC and gets a good crack next season.

He struggled early on and Horwitz rightfully took his place with some pretty good play.

Simone is definitely a talent but wasn't ready to start in Super Rugby in 2017.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I think he's a confidence player. Just needed to have one break out game to settle the nerves. Hopefully he'll take well to Cron being on staff now.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.