• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I am glad common sense prevailed with hunt given another opportunity as most would agree paid a heavy price in being out of pro football for a year and with a year on his contract still to be paid better to use his services and offer a chance for redemption.

Clearly he would know he is on his last chance as three strikes and definitely gone for good from rugby but worth the risk and deserves from this the last chance after paying the price for 2018.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Here's hoping. Hunt is a very good footballer, if he is okay upstairs he will be a terrific acquisition.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I think you can rest assure that is the 1 game he will fire.

Certainly. But my money is he fires up in a lot more than that - IF he can regain form. Expect Quade and Slipper to be likewise fired up, in fact plenty of Reds fans will be annoyed if that is not the case.

What we actually should be talking about is the Smiths, Hegarty, and Stewart at max professional readiness to prove themselves for those games and taking no prisoners.

Reds need to be ready with a "bring it on" can do attitude. Those games should NOT be missed by any true Red fan.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Any further info on the signing of the South African lock Le Roux Roets?

Fox sports has him signed but still nothing from the Tahs and with the season only a few weeks away I wonder why he hasn't started yet.

Still curious if he has signed yet. The Tahs need some size and mongrel

mjw

Larry Dwyer (12)
I was watching the Exeter v Saracens game and the commentator mentioned that Will Skelton had yet to sign for next year. It will be interesting to see if he is interested in the World Cup or the money up north.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
I was watching the Exeter v Saracens game and the commentator mentioned that Will Skelton had yet to sign for next year. It will be interesting to see if he is interested in the World Cup or the money up north.
Would love to have Skelton 2.0 pushing for a Wallabies spot

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Would love to have Skelton 2.0 pushing for a Wallabies spot

Skelton 2.0 has been developed by the UK club system. Shows what a failure the coaching setup is in Australia. Add to that Angus Ta’avao, Sam Louis, Michael Alalaatoa all let go by Waratahs and developed into better players overseas. Rod Kafer is not doing a very good job, but a job for the boys.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
That’s not Rod Kafer’s job.... but you already knew that.

#trolling4life

Maybe I am missing something but I am taking his job as described

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...at-again-in-new-aru-role-20170718-gxdrfu.html

Also the guy is beyond conflicted in his role with the ARU and his decision to continue as a commentator on Foxtel and if he can’t see that then maybe he is unsuited to hold either role.

I do not consider myself a troll but for want a a better term a ‘stakeholder’ in modern corporate speak. The only reason I have Foxtel is for the rugby and I go to a couple of matches a year. So I tip some money into the ARU or whatever they call themselves and am entitled to express an opinion that paying Rod Kafer a wage is money wasted and other ‘stakeholders’ are just as entitled to express an opinion he is doing a fantastic job. Who knows other countries maybe chasing him based on his achievements in Australia!

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Maybe I am missing something but I am taking his job as described

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...at-again-in-new-aru-role-20170718-gxdrfu.html

Also the guy is beyond conflicted in his role with the ARU and his decision to continue as a commentator on Foxtel and if he can’t see that then maybe he is unsuited to hold either role.

I do not consider myself a troll but for want a a better term a ‘stakeholder’ in modern corporate speak. The only reason I have Foxtel is for the rugby and I go to a couple of matches a year. So I tip some money into the ARU or whatever they call themselves and am entitled to express an opinion that paying Rod Kafer a wage is money wasted and other ‘stakeholders’ are just as entitled to express an opinion he is doing a fantastic job. Who knows other countries maybe chasing him based on his achievements in Australia!

I think slim was just pointing out that Rod Kafers role has nothing to do with player going oversea's Maturing as players and probably people.

I don't know what Rod Kafers exact role is but it sounds like his trying to get a better structure in place, and how does it become a conflicted role because his at Foxtel, his basically the Australian fanboy wanting australia to get better, and throwing in his hat to help coaches come together to help build a better Australian team.

Do you know what his wage is from it, I'd suggest it's probably not much if anything at all.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Maybe I am missing something

Yes, a number of things.........

Let's pretend that Rod Kafer's role is to look after the S&C of Super Rugby players, which it isn't......... but if it was, which it isn't, he was appointed to that role after all of those players you mentioned left Australian rugby.

But I'm disappointed Kenny/Sluggy.......... when I saw your name pop up as the latest reply to this thread I thought there would be the usual mention of the "Canberra Mafia," and how they pull the strings behind RA or whatever.

This one was too subtle, but shame on me right? Airport boredom - I couldn't help myself.........

Status
Not open for further replies.