• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
It's all about keeping one of their key players happy at a cost far less than would be achieved by paying Israel Folau more directly.

They gave another brother, Eni Folau a trial a few years ago.

Going to sound super harsh but if I were John Folau I’d be extremely embarrassed that the only reason I got a contract was because of my brother. I don’t think anyone here can say he has deserved his place or is any better of a prospect than a handful of other ametuer union players or fringe NRL players

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Going to sound super harsh but if I were John Folau I’d be extremely embarrassed that the only reason I got a contract was because of my brother. I don’t think anyone here can say he has deserved his place or is any better of a prospect than a handful of other ametuer union players or fringe NRL players
How many of them are 6'4 110 Kg's and a Tongan League International ? His raw, and maybe got his chance because of his brother but maybe they see something in him

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

Sure, but he also probably believes that he can make it with the right opportunity.

Everybody uses their connections to their advantage. It's how the world works.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
How many of them are 6'4 110 Kg's and a Tongan League International ? His raw, and maybe got his chance because of his brother but maybe they see something in him

Get rid of the Tongan international bit, he played 1 test for a second string Tongan team where the whole squad would have had a handful of NRL caps between them, and they lost to PNG. He couldn’t even hold down a squad position in a NRL team

6”4 110kg’s....good physical stats but hardly uncommon

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Sure, but he also probably believes that he can make it with the right opportunity.

Everybody uses their connections to their advantage. It's how the world works.
Last time i checked we live in a perfect meritocracy.

oh wait.....

374f4b480fd8da482eab3df7659f6277

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
If Hegarty and Hunt have swapped that means that it doesn't count as an extra spot in the side so according to Gibson there are still a few more spots to fill. I am curious who will fill them.

Status
Not open for further replies.