• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
Currently 10 Tahs signed to full contracts for next year: Johnson-Holmes, O'Connor, Robertson, McCauley, Staniforth, Swinton, Dempsey, Hooper, Gordon and Mason.

At this stage I'd look to add Vui, C Talakai, Fitzpatrick, Simmons, Hanigan, Miller, Mitch Short, Beale, Foketi, Newsome and Clark to that + recruit either Harrison Goddard or Nic White and either of Andrew Kellaway or Naiyaravoro to make 23 full contracts by the end of this season.

Hold off on negotiating Kepu, C Walker, T Latu, A Tuala, Polota-Nau, JP Sauni, Roets, Holloway, Wells (7s or not?), P Tafa, Foley, K Hunt, J Folau, J Ramm and Ashley-Cooper until the end of the season or end of the World Cup for the veterans I reckon.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Hrmmm, I'd be pretty keen to hang on to Kepu, Holloway, Wells, Foley (though im almost certain hes leaving) and hunt.

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
Hrmmm, I'd be pretty keen to hang on to Kepu, Holloway, Wells, Foley (though im almost certain hes leaving) and hunt.

I reckon Keps could be done at the end of the World Cup plus Vui must be desperate for opportunity. I'd hold off on Holloway and Wells in case a big cash splash is needed to bring in a proper big bruiser in the pack that is actually ready to go and play round one unlike Roets. Hold off on Hunt in case he does something wrong off the field otherwise you'll find yourself facing a payout like the Reds. Let Foley go so you can prioritise keeping Beale (Beale can cover 10 for Mason next year as well as play 12 or 15 if Mason is going good).

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
We need some forwards first and foremost, Tahs need some serious variety upfront. I'm not fussed about Phipps or Foley, loyal players and I'm very grateful for their contributions but time for new blood.

It has been pretty shitty couple of weeks and I would even say season in general, even my Tahs fan FB group page has closed down as the Admin is a massive Folau fan…

Anyway Go Tahs, hope we beat the Rebels

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
I actually think a few players will leave because of Izzy, that is my gut feeling. KB (Kurtley Beale) included, Mason is the future and also there was another guy in the trials (can't remember his name) who was quite good.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
I actually think a few players will leave because of Izzy, that is my gut feeling. KB (Kurtley Beale) included, Mason is the future and also there was another guy in the trials (can't remember his name) who was quite good.

Foley had played for the Wallabies when he was Mason's age. His performance against the Sunwolves convinced me that we need to re-sign Foley, because the two other flyhalves up to Super Rugby calibre in Australia are already taken.

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
This will never happen because the CEO Andrew Hore and coach Daryl Gibson love each other (Hore just wants Gibson to do well I think) but by the end of the year we might almost need to do a mini Reds and sack Gibson. Give the reins to Cronny and clean out the list (not quite to the extent of the Reds though) in favour of youth like Thorn has done. Get some new meat in there and stop the dumb recruitments in favour of home grown talent like the Reds have done. Hunt and Roets are not good recruits right now as we are going backwards and they were brought in to win a Super Rugby title (for Gibson) not try and help us scrape into the finals.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Foley had played for the Wallabies when he was Mason's age. His performance against the Sunwolves convinced me that we need to re-sign Foley, because the two other flyhalves up to Super Rugby calibre in Australia are already taken.
He'd also been given a full season at fullback to work his way in.

Status
Not open for further replies.