• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Ok, I'm confused - were you originally expressing frustration at another "Christian" in the Waratahs, or the fact that it's news? (I'm just trying to understand your orginal point, I may be slow).
I don't even know hey, that was just my reaction. I find it very strange.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Has Andrew Tuala gotten any game time in all the times he's been named on the bench? I'm guessing Latu will be back on the bench at least, given they don't seem to have faith in the other hookers.
Andrew got his first cap v the Crusaders. I thought he got on against the Sunwolves bu thg not sure. Either way it's been limited game time and you'd assume Latu will move back in behind Fitzpatrick

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Rubbish.

I know people who have seem him play he IS good enough and a lot better than several players the Tahs keep trying. He was good in the trials.

If he isn't good enough then it's back to poor recruitment.

Why do the media circus saying the Tahs have bought size and grunt if he isn't good enough??

He is big and strong but that is the problem.

That is not the Gibson game plan

Been thinking about this and I get to disagree.

I think there is a bit of chicken and egg in the game plan - and a heavy set of Kiwi expectations through Gibson and Cron on the standards required of a "big" forward. You don't see Kiwi sides carrying big units that don't meet the workrate requirements as well

I am pretty sure they are hunting/searching for the next "Rodda/Coleman" unit but I didn't think the Roets unit, a journeyman who has played for too many clubs was ever going to be the answer

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
Been thinking about this and I get to disagree.

I think there is a bit of chicken and egg in the game plan - and a heavy set of Kiwi expectations through Gibson and Cron on the standards required of a "big" forward. You don't see Kiwi sides carrying big units that don't meet the workrate requirements as well

I am pretty sure they are hunting/searching for the next "Rodda/Coleman" unit but I didn't think the Roets unit, a journeyman who has played for too many clubs was ever going to be the answer

Honestly, I think Roets got far more coverage than he was due because he was signed at a quiet time of year for sports journalism. I don't think the coaching team have big expectations for him. He's still playing from the bench in the Shute Shield at the moment.

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
Watching the U20s last night I can see why the Tahs have been interested in half back Henry Robertson (commentators said he's from Scone in the country). Surprising to me that he isn't Sydney Uni's first choice Shute Shield half back ahead of Banjo Travers and Theo Strang when Jake Gordon isn't around. Maybe he could be the third choice 9 next year behind Gordon and Short (if Short hangs around) and instead of going after a third 9 like Harrison Goddard or Nic White you could get Andrew Deegan or another 10 in on a full contract to sure up that position alongside Mason once Foley goes? 10 is just so important and you don't want to be having Will Harrison as our second 10 next year (just too young) and Kurtley seems to not want to be a 10 anymore.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Is Mason really still plan A for next year? 23 years old and he can't even get on the field at the moment. Is he still on contract for next year?

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
Is Mason really still plan A for next year? 23 years old and he can't even get on the field at the moment. Is he still on contract for next year?

Yes Mason is on contract for next year. Gordon, Mason and Will Harrison are the only backs on contract for next year at this stage. I'd want to hurry up and re sign Newsome, Foketi, Clark, Beale, Hunt and M Short soon so they don't have an exodus at the Tahs. Kellaway has been released from Northampton as well so wouldn't be surprised if he's back at the Tahs hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.