• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNorth

Allen Oxlade (6)
Such a fantastic player. If he can put the injuries behind him and build a solid NRC campaign he will hopefully be back with the wallabies in no time

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Now Rodda is most likely staying at the reds any ideas of who the Tahs are signing?? Please not another year of no enforcers and another year of light mobile pack

What_the...

Peter Burge (5)
Now Rodda is most likely staying at the reds any ideas of who the Tahs are signing?? Please not another year of no enforcers and another year of light mobile pack
Is Tui still available? I know Darryl was very interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
What's the story about Richie Arnold? I know he's currently playing in Japan, but I understand there is no Japanese competition for 2019 due to the RWC. Would he be available for at least part of the Super Rugby season? He would be a fantastic addition to the Tahs.

RubixCube

Frank Nicholson (4)
I believe John Falou will get a contract but he is raw so don't hold out much hope of him making an impact, lets see how his NRC campaign goes....but his brother can play so maybe just maybe!!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I believe John Falou will get a contract but he is raw so don't hold out much hope of him making an impact, lets see how his NRC campaign goes..but his brother can play so maybe just maybe!!

EPS at best, he was a wing\centre for a few eels games, sent to reserves to learn to how tackle and move. Moved to the edge row\second row and that didn't work either

He then spent this season at Blacktown (a Manly feeder) and couldn't get a call up despite Manly having 1,000,000 injuries

My brother is a massive eels tragic, bigger than Israel and slower and meh

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
EPS at best, he was a wing\centre for a few eels games, sent to reserves to learn to how tackle and move. Moved to the edge row\second row and that didn't work either

He then spent this season at Blacktown (a Manly feeder) and couldn't get a call up despite Manly having 1,000,000 injuries

My brother is a massive eels tragic, bigger than Israel and slower and meh

If you haven't been able to make the cut for Parramatta over the last few years it's not a great sign, although Taqele couldn't crack it in first grade for Wests before coming over to the Tahs.

I haven't seen a lot of him play but my concern is that there wouldn't be talk of him signing if he had a different surname.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Spot on.

FFS. RA & Tahs let's develop our own.

Already mentioned Yirribi could have used that opportunity.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Jaffer-Williams took the year off after his very questionable non-selection in the u20s, hopefully someone from NSW Rugby has been in touch with him.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Nah I have no problem poaching league players as there is a war on talented athletes and league does not have any problem pinching union talent. But I agree john folau as lower level league player hardly excites and do wonder if more for the media publicity that Rays giving him a shot.

Unless has stellar NRC I would struggle to justify him being signed up for the Tahs but equally at least his involvement in NRC has created some useful media for the competition that gets next to no media exposure.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Nah I have no problem poaching league players as there is a war on talented athletes and league does not have any problem pinching union talent. But I agree john folau as lower level league player hardly excites and do wonder if more for the media publicity that Rays giving him a shot.

Unless has stellar NRC I would struggle to justify him being signed up for the Tahs but equally at least his involvement in NRC has created some useful media for the competition that gets next to no media exposure.

Yeah I wouldn't mind poaching a player like Latrell Mitchell, I'm just not into tossing contracts to first grade rejects at the expense of those with a proven track record in Union.

TheNorth

Allen Oxlade (6)
While similar games at the elite level they put emphasis on different physical qualities.

Benji Marshall spoke about this when he came back from the blues. I don’t know if John Folau will be a superstar but I trust that he has a quality that the team is looking for. If players like Lousi, Viiga and Simona can make the transition then so can he.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Yeah I wouldn't mind poaching a player like Latrell Mitchell, I'm just not into tossing contracts to first grade rejects at the expense of those with a proven track record in Union.

I think it depends on their background, many have a background in rugby as well.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I haven't seen a lot of him play but my concern is that there wouldn't be talk of him signing if he had a different surname.

Absolutely, but presumably the reason they would be offering a small contract to him is because it would be a substantial factor in keeping one of their key players.

In a perfect world you wouldn't offer him a contract but if it's what you need to do to keep a star player happy then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.