• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

What_the...

Peter Burge (5)
I have heard from a good authority that games next year will be split between the new Parramatta Stadium, Manly and the SCG. Not happy with the last one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I have heard from a good authority that games next year will be split between the new Parramatta Stadium, Manly and the SCG. Not happy with the last one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scg is cavernous. Bad atmosphere. Keen to head down to Manly though. Probs even head over to para for one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Scg is cavernous. Bad atmosphere. Keen to head down to Manly though. Probs even head over to para for one.

I think suburban grounds have a novelty value for sure. But once the limitations of parking / transport / amenities etc sink in, well.........
I think we have to accept that any venue options during the Allianz downtime will be compromised.
Allianz was a flawed beast - when full, a good place to watch rugby, just don't plan to drink and watch. Or urinate and watch. When empty, still OK to watch, no atmosphere, slightly better beverage and voiding options.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I think suburban grounds have a novelty value for sure. But once the limitations of parking / transport / amenities etc sink in, well...
I think we have to accept that any venue options during the Allianz downtime will be compromised.
Allianz was a flawed beast - when full, a good place to watch rugby, just don't plan to drink and watch. Or urinate and watch. When empty, still OK to watch, no atmosphere, slightly better beverage and voiding options.
Charming expression.

Here's hoping Allianz' replacement doesn't suffer the ordinary state development related delays.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Parra stadium probably won't be open until the Tahs last two home games in 2019 - and what's the bet the Eels get home games schedules for the same day as those two games

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The biggest reason why some games will be at the SCG is they have an existing agreement with the SCG Trust and receive money for playing games at their venues.

The SCG Trust want to keep that in place because Tahs games are one of the main offerings they have to their Gold members.

B

Bobby Sands

Hingano looks to going well overseas, was he not good enough or what happened there?

Status
Not open for further replies.