• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Anyone seen any other wider squad Tahs running around in clubland? Or anyone putting their hands up for higher honours?

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Sorry meant the wider group that went back a few weeks back. Players like Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) (who I saw on Saturday), Gamble, Tizzano, et al.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Hope to see more of Nawaqanitawase, his frame alone is a good reason to keep investing in him.. Dont see many outside backs of his height move like he does, it creates a whole different point of attack with the aerial ability.
Vunivalu to the Reds in 2021 is of a similar frame just filled out a bit more

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) will be fine, he just has to get stronger. The difference between a 19 year ols (Mark) and a 22 year old (Ramm) is significant, you are getting a lot stronger at that period of life

Reactions: TSR

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
He put in a good shift for Eastwood on the weekend and his attitude seemed really good, he seemed to be enjoying it. He actually seems more solid than I thought he would be. There’s no doubt he’s a massive talent and I think a bit of club rugby under his belt will get his core skills in order.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
He put in a good shift for Eastwood on the weekend and his attitude seemed really good, he seemed to be enjoying it. He actually seems more solid than I thought he would be. There’s no doubt he’s a massive talent and I think a bit of club rugby under his belt will get his core skills in order.

How is Edmed going? I havent caught any Eastwood games.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
He managed the game well. Kicked his goals, which was the difference in the result. He’s Also bulked up since the colts gf last year. What seems good with him is he played well in the colts gf behind a dominated pack and then for Eastwood he was in control behind a dominant pack. I think Australian rugby has a good batch of good 10s coming through.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) will be fine, he just has to get stronger. The difference between a 19 year ols (Mark) and a 22 year old (Ramm) is significant, you are getting a lot stronger at that period of life

I think his decision making is a major issue, he has no positional sense in defence. Wings will regularly be in defending 2 on 1s and he was constantly making the wrong call, falling over or going to for the intercept

He needs a lot of time in the sand pit and working through defensive drills, so knowing when to commit, when to drift and how to stay linked to your inside defender is second nature

B

Bobby Sands

He was good on the weekend as he steered them to a victory over Wicks. There were glimpses of his strong running game as well which often gets lost for 10s moving from schoolboys/Colts to the big leagues.

Wonder where he ends up? He will be in a senior program soon, and he is one of the blokes that will lose out the most from the world juniors being called off.

B

Bobby Sands

Individually, I actually think more SS/QPR will actually be good for those guys.

It's a fair comment and I tend to agree, but his upside is greater than 99% of players in the country and he will be in a professional setup full-time very soon.

Which doesn't mean he won't keep playing SS full-time, but he will be put on some sort of pathway before long you would have to imagine.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Now that the season is over Penney said in his last post match interview the Tahs will enter a review of the season. Should be interesting to see what the plans for which players will be kept and recruitment for next season

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Now that the season is over Penney said in his last post match interview the Tahs will enter a review of the season. Should be interesting to see what the plans for which players will be kept and recruitment for next season

..and which ones decide to stay. With a few players due to head to Japan etc.. next year from a number of the Super AU clubs, it wouldn't surprise me to see some inter-club movement.